• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Dan

Does anyone know what it is???

Hi Everyone

Does anyone know what this rather "interesting" looking thing is that Le Boat are suggesting someone may wish to pay good money to holiday on???

I think it is confirmation, if any was needed, that whoever decided to close their Wroxham factory should be hunted down and shot ;)

http://www.leboatbrokerage.com/yacht-details/?yacht=sjqckxhc-87

Dan

• Like 1

It looks a safe design, especially when going forward, ideal for the French canals, you might even say suitable for the Caledonian canal, but I don't think you would see one on the Broads just yet lol.

If I was cruising the French canals, then one to consider I guess, it has that quirky look.

• Like 1

Does it repel the french mozzies? :naughty: Gross is how I would describe it, Dan.

cheers Iain

Well, to be honest, I rather like it! Gone is the half set jelly just been turned out of its mold look with distorted windows so fashionable today. Like the idea of a bicycle rack too although I wonder how many bikes will end up in the oggin thus speeding up demand for dredging. 

19 minutes ago, Viking23 said:

you might even say suitable for the Caledonian canal,

The Cally Canal has its standards please. I think they would rock n roll a bit up there:naughty:

cheersIain

If German shepherd dogs were used as star wars storm troopers this what the helmets would look like!! 

• Like 1

Good to hear from you Dan. I tend to agree. I think their description " New design with the traditionnal spirit." is what caps it for me....

Definitely not made from lego, trust me when I say, my kids make much better looking Boats out of lego, but hey ho, it's a Boat it floats, get's my vote lol. I just wished that boat builders would make Boats that look like Boats and not a ruddy floating apartment :rolleyes:

Grace

• Like 3

Just glad I'm not the only one who likes it. Very retro, the hull line could almost be Johnsons Y.S. They can keep the 70s wallpaper strip though. Far too high for the Broads I would imagine so all its distracters should have nothing to fear but a Broads friendly version would be nice.

Fred

I dunno, I wouldn't buy one.. not sure of all the glass window in the summer but it's been well thought out.. One will end up on the broads though.

if you made the high section to hydraulicaly raise and lower it might go through the bridges.

1 hour ago, grendel said:

if you made the high section to hydraulicaly raise and lower it might go through the bridges.

Or go full pelt into "that bridge" would be much quicker:naughty:

cheersIain

Doesn't mention air draught. Looks as though it may be a bit tight at a few of the bridges on the Canal du Midi.

Roy

18 hours ago, Gracie said:

Definitely not made from lego, trust me when I say, my kids make much better looking Boats out of lego, but hey ho, it's a Boat it floats, get's my vote lol. I just wished that boat builders would make Boats that look like Boats and not a ruddy floating apartment :rolleyes:

Grace

Couldn't agree more Gracie. However they tend to build what hires - and sells.  'Taste' seems not to sell ( or hire) these days IMHO .

• Like 1

This is very similar to Delphia Yachts - http://www.norfolkboatsales.co.uk/new-boats/delphia-1150-voyage-416.asp 

416-1150-main-min.jpg.90620a38fd82398759

There are also other brands following this look with large wheelhouse screens and safe walkways around the boat - I don't think it is ugly, this is pretty 'cutting edge' design  not only for Le Boat but generally where manufacturers are beginning to offer more robust, slower full displacement offshore boats.

It makes the offerings on the Broads seem very much more 'traditional'.  The Le Boat producing this clearly will cost an absolute fortune to hire and  It won't appeal to everyone sure, but I like it a lot - especially for places where you are not constrained by low bridges and where there could be a fair amount of 'chop' such as up in Scotland on the Lochs this looks pretty stable.

• Like 1

Robin,

The waves on Loch Ness can dwarf anything Braydon throws up, I doubt that boat would suit up there. Glad to be proved wrong though.

cheersIain

Have you seen the boats for hire up there currently? While you can have some lovely boats, you can also hire the likes of:

605473.jpg.3a88e3bd301e3f84b065dec4c25d4

605505.jpg.40ba6172798cee79d264eff029a05

And looking at the water line of the new Horizon 16 -

56c2fa1523c7a_41598_Horizonprofil.JPG.58

It certainly does not look any worse that those which have been plying their trade up there for some time and of course, you will be advised not to cruise if things get too bad (not to mean you might find it picks up very quickly and you have no choice).

So I would not think it so much of a 'far out' idea to see this model being based there - the more I look at it the more I like it, but the engine on hydraulic drive is a bit of a shame!

The Caledonian canal especially Loch Ness can be rough at times and then can be flat as a mill pond. We were moored on a mooring buoy on the edge of the loch and everyone was the worse for wear other than me and the baby.

We must get back to the Caledonian again, but the costs involved means most people appreciate the low cost of Broads Hire.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1