Does anyone CiC on the east coast

Zeta

Well it would seem that we have  some volunteers and one or two draftees.

It now would be good to organise some dates during the summer.

Can I suggest June (24th - 26th/27th) as our 1st attempt. If these dates are acceptable we can then move to step 2.

And a tour from GY -Lowestoft, then on to Southwold and return seems a great idea.

If it works we can then add a further two dates.

Open to the Collator !!!

Remember Southwold is not huge, There are limited moorings and you could be expected to raft up to 4 deep if you turn up with lots of boats.

Really good of London Rascal to be volunteered to take this on, sure you will all have a great time.

worth remembering the standard disclaimers and I am sure the web site owners will soon be along to ensure that this is not an official NBN cruise.

Nice to see NBN Salty again, 

24 - 27th June?  (Weekend after is problematic for us)

Having just checked 'B.A's diary which is free and our social diary which is also free.   LR / Sheila are confirmed. Waiting for Bro' and his MrsG to confirm. Macie dog is free too.  Try as I might (Didn't try for very long to be honest) I can't seem to find a reason not to attend.  Therefore provisionally put 'B.A' down as attending with 6 x crew.

RN&SYC - Fantastic venue for an overnighter - been there with 'B.A' - Looking forward to it

Southwold - From memory we took around 8 x craft last time, yes you have to raft up but there was room for more. It has a great pub but the beer prices are horrendous, but for one night only it is do-able.  We could maybe have a get-together of all crews in the pub?

---------------------------------------------

For the organiser(s)  -  'B.A's crew will give you:-   RYA Day Skipper, RYA Comp Crew, RYA Powerboat instructor, First aider, Marine engineer, Electrical engineer, VHF Cert holder, We have offshore insurance in place

Photo's - this trip was done in May 2013, Lowestoft to Southwold then Southwold to Gya

Griff

BA NBN 205.JPG

BA NBN 206.JPG

BA NBN 207.JPG

BA NBN 208.JPG

• Like 2

Sounds good to go salty. Went out of Lowestoft last Saturday in our rib and it was properly rough, wet and freezing cold!

Thing is, we're not fast on Liberty.  We have done RNSYC a few times before going to play, but always at a fairly sedate pace. 

OK folks, do we have the long weekend 24th-27th June as target date:

Baitrunner & BA  (the old Guard) can I suggest we put together a steering group of maybe 4 people  ( hopefully some will have charts) with the objective of an 8 boat party

Then organise further trips if we are successful.

I have sailed around Solent and across La Manche but on east coast am a Virgin, I will take any/all advice offered

RYA - Day Skipper

VHF radio Cert

1st 8 boats;

Verdi B  Skipper - Bill H   - 3 berths available

Before this thread gets too many pages long and complex - with edits and re-edits and posting of who is coming, where, doing what and so on I have created a Google Document - link: Cruise in Company Planning Document

This is open to JUST US with the link shown above. 

have allowed the document to be read by all and anyone (without any sign in required) to comment on the document. 

To make a change, simply click and being typing and it will add your comment. I can then log in several times a day and approve the comments which will show up in the document formally as text and not as a comment/suggestion.

I have done what I am able to my ability with contact details of the moorings we would need, information about bridge lifting at Yarmouth, VHF channel's and also notices for Southwold Harbour to users and an entry plan provided by the local council who run the Harbour.

So - of we can use the above to update with names of those coming, people with skills of passage plans, navigation and the like can add such but in so doing it is one place, one document that contains all the information in an easy to read and update format.

• Like 1

I noticed that the point was raised as a comment on the Planning Document that it should be assumed all craft would have VHF. 

While anyone who would normally 'go to sea' would - we do not know currently who will actually end up in the Cruise in Company and could potentially involve someone who does not have a VHF radio, or does but not a licence to use it so keeping inter-ship communication on the rivers and sea over PMR seems fail safe as PMR radios are very cheap and require no licence.