Does anyone CiC on the east coast

Zeta

To all the boys and girls who have their boats down for the Southwold run in June I need more information.

I have provisionally booked moorings at Southwold for the 24th through to the 27th. I need you all to update Robins document with your boat length and cruising speed please. I need the lengths for the harbour master and we need to know cruising speeds for the passage plan.

If anyone is dropping out (or has to drop out later on) then please let Robin and I know.

• Like 1

Only just seen this thread. I think you will all be slightly ahead of me! I leave Lowestoft for London on the 26th but should be running into Southwold for the Sunday evening.

If I can support anyone in anyway please do not hesitate to shout! 

Chris

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, as some of you are aware from the 'Medical' thread, I missed going abroad for a fortnight with MrsG this month so effectively that was the end of our annual abroad summer holiday.  However MrsG has decreed that we WILL be abroad together this year, whether I like it or not and I am under direct orders to enjoy mysen too, even if it's now only going to be for the one week.  So she has been trimming back on her allocated days leave for social appointments she has previously committed to.  The Southwold / Salty weekend trip, she has scotched that one.  And because I now have to find some more brass to pay for this ere foreign trip I'm going to have to pull out of it too.  Days off for me is not an issue being self employed, however I don't have the bonus of holiday pay of course.  I am a great believer of cutting ones cloth to suit and not having something if I can't afford it.  It's just the way it is I'm afraid.

'B.A' may well be still going on this venture as that will be up to Robin - his call.

The salty HM Ships / MTB102 weekend is still on as MrsG was not down for that one and she understands that is one of my bucket list jobs

Griff