Does anyone CiC on the east coast

Zeta

@Lastdraft: Just tried it myself, it does work on my iPhone (so should on iPad) but alas while you can get the 'Google Docs' App to make changes/comment, I think the only reason that works for me is because I created the document.  I am sure even if you had an Google ID it would take you to your Google Drive not to the Planning Document to comment on.

You can give it a go - but I know for sure it works from any computer without any Google ID being needed.

• Like 1

I’ve updated the Planning Document with information about the Harbour at Lowestoft and Southwold - also weather information for the two locations and several links to other weather service providers.

I've also added a 'Cruise Plan' - but this is very rough but people will be coming from the northern rivers and southern rivers - we could rendezvous all together at the Berney Arms.  In the alternative people from the north come down from Stracey Arms, while people from the south come over from Berney Arms and we meet to transit at the time of the bridge lift.

Of course, if the weather is not in our favour it will mean changing plans and heading via river to Oulton Broad and then lock through.

• Like 2

Robin,

Do we need to tentatively book NSYC for 24th (& maybe 26th) for 8 craft and Southwold for the 25th.

At least then we have a "stake in the ground"

It would seem a good idea for all interested parties to meet up to at some stage.

For the locals it would be fairly easy, I am thinking of maybe forwarding a few convenient dates for Incomers.

Sharpened up my Compass points and oiled Portland plotter, Now all I have to do is make sure I don't use the RYA Training chart to plot from Lowestoft.  - Ah Sod it, I will use the chart plotter !

Bill H

• Like 1

Bill, I am none too sure - I appear to have 'volunteered' after suggesting a way for all parties to be able to collaborate in a single document on Google and making such available.

That said it some months off and I would suspect there may be some more people 'come out the wood work' so to speak in time so I would wait off booking maybe for a week.

I don't think a prior meet before a meet would be needed officially, but of course what does need doing is people with the relevant skills of navigation to arrange a singular passage plan for all to follow, for people to know where to meet prior to the actual moment of truth (going out to sea) be that in two groups or or one to then head out as a single group at Yarmouth if the weather is playing ball.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Having sparked an ember of interest in this opportunity, I now have to duck out (unless I can get a hospital appt changed) I do want to hear how good it was though!

Upside -looks like I maybe able to join the July outing though

Bill

All,

I have added some information to Robins document.

Tide times for Southwold on both the 24th and 27th to assist with passage planing.

Also, could you add your boat length and cruising speed to the document please? We need to make sure we don't plan the trip based on hurtling along at 20knots if we have a few displacement boats along. The faster boats can always have a play if they get bored, but it is supposed to be a CiC. 

4 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

Also, could you add your boat length and cruising speed to the document please? We need to make sure we don't plan the trip based on hurtling along at 20knots if we have a few displacement boats along. The faster boats can always have a play if they get bored, but it is supposed to be a CiC. 

Can you add your boat type (and ideally picture) so us inlanders can stare... cheers 

• Like 3

Alan, I have already taken over Robins document - he will kill me if we put pictures on there!!!

Here you go though - in the sun, top off at Rockland (boat not the wife - way too scary) and on her last sea outing at GY - Just for you:party: And we did have out LJ's on as well.

ridgeway_star.JPGBoat 2015.JPG

• Like 4

Ohh very nice.. Although she's the type of boat you should have on the med ;) .. (A friend of mind has a searay sundancer in Greece.. Next door to the airport.. £30 easyjet flights... sorted!)..

Good to see you taking her out of the broads though.. A lucky girl.. 

If you all get a bit closer to here, we will bring "Autonomy" out for a play.. (next year onwards).. (Ipswich we could probably do). 

• Like 2

Thanks Chaps. cheers 

Don't mean to change the subject on this one. We did copy the name from another (it was actually the alternative boat) but I like the meaning. She's all changed now legally though I just need to do the stickers on the hull but it's a bit high in the air to do really so I may wait until she's afloat. I'll try and update my restoration the thread, although not much is happening at the moment. :)

• Like 1

Only just caught up with this topic, and not having a boat on the East Coast I shan't be adding another one. However the diary is free that weekend and if anyone is worried about lack of skilled navigation etc, I would be happy to come along as additional crew. I am essentially a rag and stick man but with significant power experience, however, in term of skills for offshore passages, I am a commercially endorsed Yachtmaster Offshore, Sail Cruising Instructor and Navigation Instructor. I can also bring along with me local charts, PC based chartplotter and associated nav kit, along with a handheld VHF with DSC.

If this is of interest to any participants or potential participants, let me know.

It would be good to see more boats on this. Sadly as mentioned earlier Orca's not been run in enough yet (and she's not proven herself fit following her recent shark attack), So shes' a no for this year (Maybe next).

Perhaps Andy at Freedom could allow some of his boats the freedom to explore the open seas (Good advertisement perhaps Andy?) 

Come on though chaps it will be good fun if you have a well maintained boat :)