(VIP's)

Guest Jonny

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonny its 2 days since your last holiday post and everyone is waiting for the next instalment,pretty,please. :wave:grin:cheersbarcheers:party2: :party2: :party2::teddy: :teddy:

Hi Barry

i will be continuing tomorrow but putting at least three days worth up so should keep you all happy :lol::lol::lol:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice sliceice slice

Wednesday 1st

I awoke to my mobile ringing i looked around to see if i could spot my mobile i did i left it on the dash near the speaker. So i staggered over picked it up & answered it was the fella who dropped of the gas for other at st Olaves. Would it be possible to replace the half empty gas bottle today yes by all means were moored at the WRC on the riverfront ok no problem see you soon.

Staggered back on to my bed opened the window on my side & relaxed to a nice refreshing breeze looked at my mobile it was 08:15 that’s to early lol. Rite then HANDS OFF C****S ON SOCKS better had get up. Took off the bedding put it in the spare room folded away the bed took down the curtains in the saloon opened the other window & the two corner windows on the rear of the canopy.

As i was dress i felt a little hungry but i dint eat i picked up my cigs from the saloon went into the kitchen pealed away the curtain hiding the patio door to my surprise dad was outside fishing lol. Early morning start is it Dave(dad) yep any chance of a cuppa son yer no worries. so filled up the kettle put the tea bag in a cup then went to get my glass out of the saloon gave it a quick wash cracked out the coke got the ice out & poured a nice refreshing class.

Just got sat comfy in the well then the kettle started to boil so i got up turned the gas off poured Dave(dad) a nice cuppa passed it to him via the well. Rite now time to get comfy again got my smokes out of my pocket lit one of my menthols ahh heaven it was. Then Sarah appeared out of her pit was that the kettle yes it was could you make me a coffee yes can i just finish my cig yer ill join you.

Just started to pour the coffee for Sarah when a Herbert Woods van turned up good morning hope you enjoying your holiday couple of slight problems nothing to worry about. They replaced the gas we asked them about some oil as at some point we lost some oil. Do you mind if we give the engine the once over yer go for it. He checked the engine no problem here everything is fine least somebody knows what there doing the amount of call outs we have had to people not knowing what to do & they went through it in there trial run.

He closed the hatch started Jewel up & noticed something was wrong with the volts gauge as it wasn’t getting enough volts so he lifted up the engine hatch again gave it a once over & found a loose wire. Said i wouldn’t have noticed that if i dint start her up but we do that on every boat we received call out to just to make shure things are working fine. Once he sorted the loose wire out still wasn’t getting enough volts so went to the van to get an acid tester thing lifted up the other small coach. To reveal six batteries two for the inverter two for the starter two for domestics.

He tested them all & found that two batteries weren’t holding there charge so they both weren’t to the van brought back to replacement batteries fine mins later job was done we asked if they would like a cuppa no thank you we have to get to another boat at oulton broads thanks for the offer though. He Started Jewel up gave her full throttle for about ten seconds then the volts gauge kicked up to 14 volts now everything is fine,

Rite well if you’re happy that the jobs done we will let you get on your way we were more than happy with what they did. They got off the boat went back into the van they waved as they left very nice gents. Rite well i noticed my glass chilling on the stern well still had ice in that will do me nicely had a big mouthful & had a smoke in the lovely sunshine, finished my smoke had the last couple of swigs of my coke washed my glass out then put it on the side of the sink. Went in to the saloon & put on the TV not much on i must say then Emma came up out of the master suit in the bow.

Daffyd i noticed was still snoring his head off two mins after Emma woken jack & Kate had woken up Kate doesn’t watch what she’s doing she hits everything with her knees. But that’s not her fault just when she doesn’t watch out then she wonders why she had loads of burses lol. Looked at my mobile as it was next to the TV it had just gone 09:00 so who wants breakfast then everyone had cornflakes except me. They took there time they even had a second helping i couldn’t be leave it I said we are going swimming you know if you eat to much & get cramp don’t blame me.

Once they had finished 10:30 with all there nattering time soon flew past rite you lot get your swimming gear sorted. We food out Dave(dad & Daffyd had decided they weren’t coming which was a shame but then Sarah, Emma, Kate & jack were soon ready rite then lets move & get off the boat. Emma to Jonny have you sorted your swimming stuff out yep i am wearing my short no T shirt on socks & trainers simple is always the best.

Helped everyone get off the boat safely tool the walk up to the office went in & asked what time the pool opens 10:30 she said that will do me thank you very much & went back outside. Its open you lot nice & early took the little steep hill up two min walk then went through the doors. There was a very nice lady who welcomed us we sorted out the money & payed £3.80 per person stay in for how long you want that’s not bad. She showed us the changing rooms.

The girls went to do there thing i showed jack in to the means bit the changing rooms all very nice & clean five mins & we were ready had a quick shower the water was a little hot. Then picked up our stuff & went to the locker room got it sorted & waited for the girls in the reception dint have to wait long. There was only one couple in the jaquise but weren’t in long then got changed.

Took a look at the pool & thought great this is what we want a decent sized pool with unlimited use of the jaquise free of charge where do you get that on the broads. We all took time in the pool then swapped to the jaquise vice versa. We just lost track of time had a rite ball of fun shame it wasn’t a little bit deeper so you could dive but you cant have it all. Before we new it the clocked in reception showed 13:30 rite you lot we better be making a move so we all got out had a hot chocolate from the machine once drunk we made our way to the changing rooms not forgetting to pick up our stuff from the locker room.

Manoeuvred jack in to the gets again straight in to the showers a little to hot again ten mins later we & jack were ready ten mins later we were still waiting 14:15 we were all ready & taking the trip back to the boat down hill which was good. Got back to the boat in less than five mins helped them back on the boat & dad was still fishing had anything Dave(dad) nope its dead.

Right well are you ready for the off yep ready when you are jus give me a head with this stuff yep no worries just let me put my stuff in. Two mins alter we was loading Dave(dad’s) gear on the boat. Took down the Arial opened up the second window on the saloon roof shouted to jack mate lower the canopy so has he winched down I pushed the canopy back to keep the cables tort. Then before your eyes it was fully down with the hot sun beaming down well shirt came then i walked round on the bow folded down the window screen started Jewel up little throttle & wooer what a sound coming from that exhaust I LOVE MY BOATS.

Jumped off & untied the bow line & pushed it off Dave(dad) you sorted we now have a boat coming either way i need to move. Rite i am on go for it this fella was coming towards up & dint let me go i stood up waiting for some soft of movement to show has giving way still nothing, rite well sod you i have waited long enough for you to show me some sign of life but nothing so i gunned it just stunningly manovering this beast like it was a day boat the fella coming toward she had a shocked look on his face as i went for it i gave him enough time for him to give me some sort of sign to what he was going to do so his fault,

Once we was clear after 10ft i knocked her back down to 1600rpm Brother would you like some sun cream on oww yes please Dave(dad) would anybody like a drink everybody said yes ill have the norm glass of coke with plenty of ice.

When Dave(dad) came back in to the saloon with my drink he passed me my menthols so i spared one up & relaxed. Not a long cruise today just to oulton broad. We came to our turning for oulton broad we took it we was fast approaching a day boat that must have come from Beccles.

Went he noticed me when i was about 12ft from his stern he opened her up he dint care so still at 1600rpm just cruised we came to oulton dyke free mooring went passed nobody was moored there. My mined stared to wonder thinking what life would be like if we had a boat we could fit everybody on. It was great just to be a family & we don’t get much of it which i miss so much & before i new if we were approaching oulton broad yacht station.

It was packed really tight i noticed one spot there was a massive princess dual steer about 200k worth of princes it was going to be tight but got the boat in without hitting either boat there was just enough room for the fender on either side. The yacht master came over jumped on the big princess & dropped a big fender down then said that was very impressive then walked round to the stern of the boat.

Rite £7 for 24hours ok that will do us is there any chance of a mooring with shorpower as we need it. As soon as one spots free with shore power its your’s. Then not long after keeping our eyes pealed the harbour master came over & said one is just moving off on the floating pontoon. Rite thanks very much Dave(dad) had the stern lines i lifted up the mud weight with little effort was easy to get up off the bottom a few splashed & the mud weight was clean & back on the bow.

Made my way back to the helm made shure it was out of gear then started her up every time what a sound. Dave(dad) rite ready son i manoeuvred her out slowly making small adjustment’s on manovering we was out without a touch to either boat, made our way over to the mooring swing her stern round within 15 seconds she was in moored up . I asked jack to winch up the canopy his reply yep no worries boss the canopy was nearly all the way up but this was so when we needed to we could put up the windscreen without putting the canopy back.

All the windows were open the windscreen was down i went to the stern of the boa hucked up the shore power plugged in the TV & laptop so Emma could carry on with her UNI assignment & get them in before her due date. We it was not 15:30 we had plenty of shade as it was scorching a nice breeze so i jumped up on to the helm seat had a couple of swig of my coke as it was still cold & sparked up a cig. Jonny is there a cash machine as i need some cash yep mate just five mins down the road do you need it now no could get it later ok.

Rite just let me finish my cig & coke & we will get it sorted ok cool. Five mins later I take daffyd to get some cash just as we get five yards away from the boat. Then Jack & Kate shout Jonny we need some cash ok no problem wait there walked back to the boat & helped them off up the little ramp & through the gate. Once out of the gate Kate sped of with jack not knowing where she was going i left her to it watching where she was going at all times. Then she stopped & looked for us i slowly walked up behind her & said are we lost & she said we were looking for you I said i know i was watching that why you always walk behind me & Dave(Dad) as you don’t know where your going but you have us in sight.

Jack said listen to the man i don’t fancy getting lost I said no worries you have Neva been here before. So we continued on our way we got to spar where the cash machine is Jack & Kate got some cash Daffyd’s card got rejected as he realised his car was at his house. He had his mobile in his pocket so gave his mother a ring to make shure she confirmed it that new card was at home as it arrived this morning.

We went back to the boat which took ten mins which was a pleasant walk once we got back to the boat I helped everybody back on the boat went in to the saloon where Emma & Sarah said get the stuff you want washing together so we did do once the washing was ready i looked at my mobile it was 16:30. The girls grabbed the washing while i helped everyone off the boat then the girls came up & helped then off the boat right everybody keep walking straight then up the little ramp . Once then reached the top of the ramp i took the lead & walked the girls into the yacht station office told Jack & Daffyd to wait outside so i could get the girls sorted.

The harbour master showed them how to use it while me Daff Jack & Kate went to the mini arcade & got suckered in by the 2p machines again lol. Daffyd received a call on his mobile from Emma asking where we were so he went to collect them. Then Emma & Sarah went mad with the 2p machines before we knew it was 17:20 rite we better go at the yacht station office closes at 17:30. After sorting out what had dried & what was still wet the harbour master let them stick the wet stuff on for a couple of hours as it was still wet. Ill leave it on for us as the office will be shut but you can collect it first thing in the morning that was very nice of him. After taking Emma & Sarah back to the boat i went back to the mini arcade where Jack & Kate were still around the 2p machines. So i thought what the hell got £3 worth of 2p’s & spent the next hour wining losing wining losing once all the 2p’s were gone i ended up with three massive key rings & one fridge magnet not bad work when some don’t win anything lol.

Waited for Jack & Kate to finish which they did after a while once they did finish we walked back to the boat via the back of the arcade & noticed the out door swimming pool with a massive slide. There so stupid if they filled the pool up they would make a killing in this weather then through the park & back through the gate down the ramp to the stern of Jewel helped them back on & i noticed moored next to me a wooden sedan which was from new Zealand which i remember being moored over the dyke when we moored Curlew at Brundall. Single screw on shaft 6ltr engine i talked to the owner has he had if up for sale for a long time at 70k but after a year it dint sell & he said him & his wife were taking it across to France in a few weeks just getting a few odd jobs done before the trip.

Well back on to the boat straight into the saloon picked up my mobile it was 18:45 looking out the canopy windows which were facing the stern we noticed a massive light could forming back down toward oulton dyke dint think nothing off it. As it just looked like mist we found out there was a fire at a yard next to top craft. Dave(dad) asked what would people like for tea as i haven’t eaten all day & dint realise i hadn’t we all said anything, so we ha a massive pasta salad while Dave(dad) was making tea i jumped up on the helms seat sparked up a menthol & asked everyone who was on the sofa to shift all there site as it was getting messy.

Emma was still doing her UNI stuff so i decided to put on the TV there was not much on so i gave Dave(dad) a help with tea so cut & buttered loads of muffins asked everyone to clear the table which they promptly did. Then i started bringing up the muffins sauces coleslaw potato salad mixed salad massive bowel of pasta with a mustard sauce. I looked at my mobile it was nearly 20:30 as the sun was setting i went outside on to the bow & put up the window screen went back into the saloon & put the canopy all the way up & i noticed everyone was digging into tea so i though rite shift up big man’s hungry.

Once putting a decent amount of past, salad, coleslaw, two muffins & some brown sauce on i dint get through half of it & i was full couldn’t be leave it as i dint have nothing all day. I went into the galley & made a bug jug of orange juice for every one then once i put the jog in the saloon i noticed we was missing glasses so off i go to get the glasses. Once the food had been scoffed all baring my plate Jack & Kate were doing the washing up & drying as others have done it more than other so we wanted a rest lol.

I got asked what time it was so i looked at my mobile it was 22:25 Jack asked if there was a pub round here i said yer there are a couple why you thinking of a pint more than one a couple. As it was Kate’s round we decided why not so after getting our things sorted me Dave(dad) Jack Kate & daffyd & Sarah went off to the pub i got off the boat first to help the others off. We had a nice walk to the main road which was less than five mins we went into the lady of the lake then found out Katie had forgot her fanny pack (IE BUM BAG) so Jack got this round we only had the one i had coke Dave(dad) & jack had a pint of Ale Sarah had a fosters Kate & daffyd had a pink of strongbow.

I challenged Daffyd to a game of snooker Sarah challenged Kate I won daffyd Kate & Sarah called it a draw. Before we new it last orders had been and & the lady behind the bar called time the clock behind the bar showed 23:20 man that went quick so off we went Jack & Kate Dave(dad) & daffyd decided they wanted some chips I said ill just make a butty while i am watching TV in bed. Once they had got there chips i asked jack for his radar key so i could use the toilet near the yacht station office. Sarah wanted the loo also so the rest of the crew made there way back to Jewel while i made my right full place on my thrown. Then me & Sarah made our way back to Jewel i helped her on then noticed they were all round the table in the saloon watching TV while munching on there chips. So i grabbed my menthols & went outside in the well for a cig once finished back into the salon not long once they all finished there chips they all shot off to bed there was only me & Emma up she was just finishing off her UNI work & i was watching TV. She had finished her assignment & was ready for bed so she shut her laptop down & i moved it was for her then the next job was to move the table & but up my curtains in the saloon which was done within a few mins.

I pulled out my bed went into the spare room & got my bedding once my bed was made if looked like heaven & couldn’t wait to climb in i went into the galley & made my butty it looked like a piece of art lol. Picked my butty up & put it near my bed went back into the galley picked up my glass gave it a wash out picked up the bottle of coke then got come ice out the fridge & put around eight ice cubes in my glass then i filled up another ice cube back put it in the freezer & put the bottle of coke away. Picked my glass of coke up went into the saloon s i did turning off the light in the galley & hallway put my glass on the floor near my butty just sat on my bed.

Ready to get undressed when Emma came up into the saloon & asked if i could make here a cup of tea & daffyd a coffee so i said yer no worries then knocked on Kate & jacks door would you like a cuppa yes mate two tea’s last bed room Dave(dad) & Sarah would you both like a cuppa Sarah said yes a coffee & Dave(dad) would like a tea. Rite well in the galley filled up the kettle fired up the hob stuck the kettle down & started to put the stuff in cups teabags, coffee, & then the milk while i was waiting for the kettle to boil i went back into the saloon spread out on my bed & had a look see what was on TV nothing much as the norm so put the DVD on Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire.

Once the DVD had loaded i skipped the where i was the previous night then the kettle started to boil turned the gas off poured the water into the cups got dads & Sarah’s sorted & brought it into there room went back for Kate’s & jack’s tea’s knocked on there door & passed them through. went back into the galley picked up Emma’s & Daffyd’s tea & coffee went into the saloon knocked on there door COME they shouted opened the door with my knee & past daffyd the drinks as he put them on the side for them both. Anything else you would like nope thank you good night they both said good night. Closed the door on my way out went back into the galley to give the sides a once over turned off the lights in the galley & hallway then i reached my bed & relaxed opened my window a little got undressed got under my quilt got comfy as i was watching harry potter started to munched on my butty then followed my coke. i realised i left my mobile near the dash to I went over picked it up got back into bed looked at my mobile to see what time it was. Ahh not so bad 00:30 finished the rest of my butty was taking my time with the coke as i was still watching Harry Potter. It reached 1am so i turned off the TV & inverter turned off the lights had the last couple mouthfuls of coke put my empty glass down rolled over & & relaxed dint take me long to get to sleep which dint take long.

took a little bit longer than planned sorry!!

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice sliceice slice

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday 2nd

I think everyone decided to sleep in a little this morning as i woke up to the sound of beautiful wildlife & the sun beaming off the water & hitting the roof lining. I rolled over & looked at the time on my mobile it showed 09:00 so i decided to sleep in a little I opened up the windows on both sides of the saloon & one of the corner windows on the canopy.

I though ill just relax which i did & felt good I looked at my mobile again it was going close to 09:30 so i decided i better make a move which i did got dressed took off the bedding & put it all in the spare room. Went back into the saloon put back the cushions & made it back into the sofa took of the curtains & put them away turned on the inverter switched on the TV & stuck it on ITV. Felt a little hungry.

So I picked up my glass from the side of the sofa went into the galley opened the fridge picked out the mushrooms & two eggs put the cooker on in goes two eggs extra mushroom. Then while it was cooking I went back into the saloon got the table & unfolded it at the sofa. Went back into the kitchen turned the eggs & mushrooms over Went back over to the fridge pulled out the butter went to the sink got four slices of bread from the bread bin put the butter & bread on the table in the galley & started buttering.

Once the bread was buttered i put the cooked eggs on the bread left the mushroom in the pan then back on the heat for a few moments longer once satisfied I turned off the gas picked up the pan out the mushroom on top of the eggs. I finished off making my butty put it on a plate then took my butty in the saloon & placed it on the table then i went back into the galley got my glass went into the fridge pick up the ice cube tray picked up eight ice cubes & put them in my glass. Filled up the ice cube tray with water & put it back in the freezer closed the door & picked up the bottle of coke filled up my glass & put the bottle back on the floor.

Picked up my glass went back into the saloon placed the glass on the table then went over to the helm parked my backside on the helm seat picked up my cigs & lit one ahhhh. Ten mins later made my way over to the table had a swig of my coke & dug into my egg & mushroom butty’s as i started to tuck in everyone started to get up from there pits. Emma first then Sarah Dave(dad) jack then Kate in tow daffyd wasn’t rushing as i was still tucking into my breckie they were all starting to get a little hungry.

So once i finish i went into the kitchen got the cereal milk bowls & spoons went back into the saloon put them on the table & said dig in which they did lol. Once Sarah & Emma had finished there breakfast they walked over with Katie to the harbour masters office to collect the clothes which he said they could keep in there while the office was closed. A quick ten minuets they came back with there clothes as they were dry they plonked the back on the sofa & sorted all there clothed out between them.

I picked up my mobile of the side near the TV looked at the time it was approaching 11am they were all going to Yarmouth barr me so told them they better get sorted out which they did ten minuets later they left to catch the bus which was just round the corner. So they were off watched them walk up the ramp leading off the pontoon to the quay then down to the main road then that was it i sat down on the sofa watched a little TV while polishing off the rest of my coke there was nothing much on TV so i decided to put harry potter back on & watch it from start to finish.

Looked at my mobile as it was on the table it was 13:00 so picked up my plate off the table went in to the galley & decided to wash the pots once washed i dried them & put them away. Picked up the brush from the spare room went into the master cabin in the bow sorted it out a little picked up all the rubbish & put them in a bad then swept the floor went back in to the kitchen to collect the dustpan once found went back in to the master cabin & swept up the stuff that was on the floor & put in to the bad.

I picked up the brush & rubbish bag & put them in the saloon then went in the master cabin went in to the head bleached the bog cleaned the sink pumped out the water what was left in the shower try put the old bog roll in the bin & replaced it with a fresh one. Once done went back into the saloon picked up the rubbish bad & put it in the galley went back into the saloon picked up the brush & swept all the saloon floor. Carried on in to the hall way reached jack & Kate’s cabin swept the floor & carried on down the hall came to Sarah’s cabin swept in the & carried on down the hall in to the galley.

Cleaned up around the table cleaned the sing & cooker once the cooker was done i carried on with the galley floor swept up all the crap then swept it in to the bag. Picked up my glass of the side & poured myself a large glass of coke with plenty of ice then went in to the saloon & placed my glass on the table then plonked my backside on the helm seat & sparked a cig up ten mins later i looked at my mobile & it had just gone 15:00. So i decided to have a little browse on the forum to see what was happening so i went in to the master cabin to get the laptop charger & dongle went back in to the saloon & placed it on the table.

Turned off the inverter took out the plug for the TV then went over to the helm made shure it was out of gear a little revs put the heat of for seven seconds & away she went. Turned back on the inverter had a little browse on the forum not much happening check to see if anything was happening local online had a little watch on wroxham webcam then shut the laptop down.

Went over to the helm turned off the engine turned off the inverter unplugged the laptop picked up the charger dongle & laptop & put it back into the master cabin. then went back into the saloon plonked my backside on the helm seat & sparked up a cig put the packed & lighter on the side next to the speak & turned on the radio ahh Kiss FM & relax. Looked at my mobile & it wasn’t far off 17:00 so i decided to move the table & lift up the engine bay hatch then went in to the kitchen filled up the kettle & get some kitchen roll.

Went back in to the saloon then down in to the engine bay topped up the header tank checked the oil & weed filters which were all fine. So back up out of the hatch closed the hatch & moved the table back to where it was. Picked up my class of coke from the side of the TV back up on the helm seat & sparked up a cig had the last of my coke put out my cig picked up my glass & as i went into the kitchen i noticed five pound of 2ps i forgot to use yesterday so picked up the keys locked the

windows went in to the kitchen & put the glass in the sink. Through the patio door in to the well close the patio door & locked it then off the stern on to the pontoon & up the ramp on to the quay. Then off to the little arcade with the restraint next door spent an hour in there cleaned me out of the five pound worth of 2ps but walked away with four key rings & three fridge magnets. So then back to the boat stopped at the harbour masters office turned around to see if i could spot the rest of the crew coming back but nope. But a fella did notice me I helped him moor up at church fen as he had a problem with his depth sounder so i lent him my mop & cash tem off when it was sorted.

Nice of him to notice me within a crowed of people as its always good to talk with him so after a good chat we said our good byes as he was off to the tackle shop & i was going back to the boat. I got back on Jewel unlocked the patio door picked up my glass made a glass of coke with plenty of ice went in to the saloon put my glass on the table & opened up all the windows. Picked my winning out of my pocket & put them on the table sat on the helm seat & sparked a cig up turned on the radio as my mobile was near the speaker i looked to see what time it was it was approaching 18:30 as i looked over to the harbour masters office i noticed the rest of the crew walking back.

I to the stern on to the side of the boat down to the bow & lifted up the mud weight & put it where it belongs on the bow then walked back down the side of the boat on to the stern back in to the kitchen then up to the saloon as i reached the saloon the rest of the crew started to get back on the boat. So i unplugged the Arial out of the TV & shouted to Dave(dad) to get the Arial of the roof which he did once all the crew were safely on the boat. While he was getting the Arial i said push the canopy while i wind it down to keep the cable tort he pushed while i winched it back two mins later the canopy was fully down.

While Dave(dad) was untying the stern ropes i folded down the windscreen once the windscreen was down i went back to the helm seat made shure she was out of gear few revs heat for around five second vroom the stunning sound of a marine diesel. I sparked up a cig then had a little swig of my coke & i got a shout saying you ready son yep all set & we gently slipped away. On out way out i got a shot of the gent who i helped out at church fen & his boat called Davlin. We wasn’t going far just up river to oulton dyke fifteen mins later was approaching oulton dyke there was only one seagoer moored there which i noticed was a moonraker.

So i went about ten feet past the mooring & swung jewel round not bad a three point turn with around two feet at either end 30 seconds later jewel was side on with the mooring. Dave(dad) jumped off with the stern line i grabbed the bow another thirty seconds & she was fully moored up. The gent from the moonraker walked up to me & said you don’t mind the dog being off the lead nope not at all plus she was a little softie. I asked him was him moonraker a 350 or a 360 he said ahh somebody who knows moonraker’s he of course said it was a 350 he left us to settle in as he was getting his BBQ sorted & so were we.

I lifted the BBQ off the stern Dave(dad) passed me the coals & plenty went in lighter fluid & away she went then all i hear is like a wining noise which at first then i realised it was the sodding powerboat racing i wasn’t happy put it that way & got on with the BBQ. Once the BBQ was under way i grabbed my camera went over to the moonraker & asked for his permission if i could take a couple of photo’s which he said that’s no problem go ahead. I noticed he had an African grey in the saloon which was called Barney i am told he has a wide range of profanity lol.

He got barney out of the cadge & brought him outside to the stern of his boat & let me stroke him which was nice as i do hold a soft spot for African greys & macaws plus other kinds of parrots. He then he took barney back in to the saloon & we got talking about his boat then i realised something & asked him was this the moonraker that got grounded on the rocks at Guernsey & he confirm it & couldn’t be leave my look. We talked about what had happened & he told me while coming over to the broads he was in ten foot plus swells & as the bow went back up the wave the stern dipped in to the sea bent one of his cleats ripped off his canopy & lost his tender.

He said he was going up to NYA at Brundall to get the cleats ect sorted at a cost of 7k plus so i took a few photo’s of the boat then i noticed he had a second dog same breed but qwite older & blind realy good pair of dogs. We noticed a BA rib which was blue pulled up as the owner of the moonraker wanted a chat with him. So i left them to it while i went back to sort out our BBQ which all the coal were nice & while.

Dave(dad) passed me all the food burger sausages chicken while i was getting the food sorted the rest of the crew got the table sorted buttered & cut the muffins got the sauces out & made a salad. Dave(dad) was getting set up for fishing. Twenty mins later the food was cooked Dave(dad) was all set up & ready to fish. I passed the cooked food to daffyd via the saloon as the canopy was down I went in to the saloon via the stern where Dave(dad) followed shortly after while we waited for dad none of up tucked in until he came in.

We dint have to wait long & within fifteen minuets everything had been eaten as i cooked tea Emma & Sarah got everything ready daffyd & jack decided to wash up while i brought the place into the kitchen i made everybody a drink. Then went back over to the moonraker to collect my camera which i left on the bow & the gent shouted me back via the saloon window & passed me a little booklet of the boat went he bought it. So i said thank you ill have a ready of that & bring it you back so i went back to the boat with my camera put my camera next to the speaker at the helm & went to sit in the well as Dave(dad) was fishing off the bank.

While reading this booklet of the moonraker (Power Game 11 which you can make out in my photo’s) it was a booklet of the boat with photo’s of power game 11 inside & outside she had a massive inventory. Once i had read the booklet i went back over to drop it off he said i was very impressed with how the way you handled the boat my reply was its a piece of cake lol. Before i left he said hank on Jonny for a min so i did he passed me a photo of his moonraker at Guernsey & signed it which will be getting framed & i said thank you.

Not long after the BA officer in the rib left & a launch came passed to pick up the power boating today sign. As it was starting to get a little dark i went back to the boat & asked jack would he link to winch up the canopy while i pushed from the back he said yer no probs. Went back in to the saloon turned the inverter on turned the TV round & put the Arial on the outside of the boat back out the stern picked up the Arial switched on the TV & found a picture & not bad. Back in to the saloon I had a look to see what was on TV then one by one they all started to go off to bed i dint know what time it was so i picked up my mobile & looked at the time it was 22:00.

So i got my bedding from the spare room move the table out the way & pulled out my bed one it was made i went out the stern for a cig where Dave(dad) was fishing not long in to my cig Dave(dad) shouted can you make me a flask of coffee before you go bed my reply yep no worries. So i went back in closed the patio door filled up the kettle & put on the cooker. Went back in to the saloon put up the curtains then the kettle boiled as it was whistling so went back in to the galley turned off the cooker got Dave(dad) flask emptied out the water couple spoon full’s of coffee couple spoon full’s of sugar then the hot water once it was nearly full add the milk. Wiped off the bit round the top of the flask got a cup & passed it out to Dave(dad) on the bank went back in to the galley closed the patio door then got four slices of bread got the butter & cheese from the fridge once my butty was nearly made i forgot one final thing my brown sauce which plenty went on my butty.

While putting the cheese & butter away i got the ice cubes out went over to the sink were my glass was & put eight ice cubes in my glass coke the bottle of coke that was at the side of my & poured it in to the glass. I picked up the ice cube tray filled it back up with water then put them back in the fridge closed the fridge door said good night to Dave(dad) picked up my butty & glass of coke went into the saloon & switching of the lights as we go. Once i reached the saloon put my butty & drink on the floor at the side of my bad picked up the remote had a quick flash to see what was on TV nothing much so i put harry potter on from where i left off got undressed & clambered in to my bad ahhhh space the final frontier lol. I had a couple swigs of my coke & tucked in to my butty ten mins later my butty’s had gone i was supping my coke once that was depleted i turned off the inverter rolled over & went to bed & wanting a good night sleep as i was pooped.

P.S I gave the owner of the moonraker (Power Game 11) a laminated poster of the forum & said he was going to register

• 2 weeks later...

Friday 3rd

I awoke early to the sound & moment of the earth valiantly vibrating my bed so i rolled over opened up my windows to get some air in & to listen to the wildlife but all i could hear was machinery. But that dint realy bother me so i picked up my mobile from under my right pillow & looked at the time 08:30 OW COME ON!! It was starting to warm up even this early so off came the covers & rolled over & relaxed for a while.

After no look trying to get back to sleep i looked at my mobile time was 09:10 so i decided to get up got dressed took off the curtains took the bedding off put them in the spare room went back in to the saloon. Put the bed back in opened the other window on the canopy turned on the inverter switched on the TV nothing much on so i left it on BBC1. Picked up my glass at the side of the sofa from last night went in to the galley pour a glass of coke with plenty of ice pulled back the curtain over the patio door & Dave(dad) was Fishing have you been out all night yes his reply was any chance of a coffee yep no problem.

So went back in to the galley filled up the kettle & lit the stove & let the kettle do its thing picked my glass of coke back up set in the stern well went to get a cig & realised i forgot to pick them up off the dash. So in i go reached the saloon picked up my cigs & lighter & Emma just poked her face out of the master cabin any chance you can make me a brew yep kettles boiling ok thanks. So i proceeded to the stern well again is cigs & lighter is hand reached the well had a swig of my coke which was nice & cold pulled out a cig lit it ahh heaven.

Had a chat with Dave(dad) he commented about having to fight for each fish unlike last year where you was pulling one after the other out. As i just finished my cig the kettle boiled got six cups ready for all the crew bar me as i tend to drink coke water or weak cordeal. After making the brews i told everybody they were being put on the saloon table to i took four cups in the saloon realised i had forgotten to erect the table to i put the cups on the floor & erected the table which took max 15 seconds.

Put the first four cups on the table went back to retrieve the fifth cup & brought it too the table where everybody was sipping there brews. I went back in to the stern to finish off my glass of coke while talking to Dave(dad) wanted to know what time we were on the move so he could get ready don’t have to be on the off till around 11:00 as its only a short cruise to the WRC so he carries on fishing.

I went back in to the saloon to look what time it was on my mobile once retrieved it had just gone 10:00 so once the rest of the crew finished there brews they got dressed while they were doing there thing. I move the table out of the way lifted up the engine bay hatch checked the oil which was fine topped up the header tank & we were ready for the off as i was erecting the table Dave(dad) had packed all his stuff away & brought it aboard & was sitting at the table enjoying his cuppa.

As he was drinking if coffee i noticed that the gent from Power Game 11 (PG11) was walking his dogs so i went out we got talking he was ready for the off going to oulton broad then off to Brundall so we said our good bys & was a real pleasure meeting them both i do hope i meet them again. He kicked over those twin turbo diesels of PG11 & they were heaven they slipped from the mooring as he swung round he gave a toot on of the air horns & we waved.

So we decided to get going at it was 11:15 so i followed Dave(dad) out through the stern stepped off the boat then back on near the saloon asked daffyd to wind the canopy down while i pushed not forgetting to put the Arial back in. Around 60 seconds later the canopy was down i went round the bow to fold down the window screens once they were down i want to the held still stood on the walk way I made shure she was out of gear few revs eight seconds of heat & she kicked over with ease so i untied the bow line i noticed the tide was going out so made slipping the mooring as the tide would swing the bow out.

Two minuets later we was away from the free mooring & the boat was moving down river it was not a long cruise so i stick Jewel in tick over which was 1100RPM as i wanted the cruise to take as long as possible as i was at the helm. We came to the folk in the river took a left as we was punching the tide i knocked jewel up to 1300RPM from when we left the oulton dyke there wasn’t much river traffic.

As i couldn’t find my cigs i asked anybody if they had seen then Dave(dad) replied you left on the stern this morning while you were talking to me ill go & fetch them for you thanks dad. While i was at the helm a couple of the crew went back in to there cabins either to get some more shut eye or get there gear ready for swimming, as we approached the WRC again i couldn’t help my self at noticing all the different makes of private boats moored up as a any boat takes my heart.

Waited for a day boat from Beccles to come past as i was in no rush as he passed i turned right then left in to the basin picked my mooring and within 20 seconds she was moored stern on i climed from the helm to walk way walked round to the bow & dropped in the mud weight. I looked at my mobile to check what time it was it approaching 13:00 so i asked the rest of the crew was everybody ready they all said yes i asked Dave(dad) if he was coming he said no as he wanted to get some kip.

Fair enough I went off the stern first to helm every body off once we were all off we went to the office to pay the mooring fee but they said Luke would be round later so he must have been at school. So we walked up the hill to i noticed that there was a lot of campers as was the first day we came here. We reached the pool payed for our swims the females new where they were going i help jack & daffyd to the changing room ass ever we was the first to be out we put our stuff in the lockers & waited for the girls.

As i guided Jack to the rail he knew where he was after that daffyd has a little sigh so he found his own was as i was following just to be on the safe side the girls came out they had already put the gear in the lockers we all had a little swim. Those the four love birds Daffyd Emma jack & Kate all went to the hot tub leaving me & Sarah to have a swim to we raced had a nice relaxing swim. We noticed we had spent a while in the pool as it was showing 15:00 on the clock.

So I had a chat with the rest of the crew & we decided to call it a day we all got out & had a hot choc from the machine ten minuets later we had finished our hot chocolates we all grabbed our gear we all found our way back to the changing room me daff & Jack had a quick shower not long like the last couple of time as we get showers before we go in they were realy hot!!! & wanted turning down as you couldn’t adjust them.

As the norm the gent were all ready so waited outside for the women I could see jewel from the top of the hill & i noticed a gap on the left had side of her stern which looked as if one of the stern ropes had come loose. I was still taking in the views as i panned back around i noticed a baby Antares & though that looked familiar not long later the girls were all ready to go back so we made our way back down the him we have been much quicker & fun if we all decided to roll down lol but we decided not to.

As we approached the water i slowed down & all i got was why are you slowing down hurry up ect my reply was i am taking in the beauty for my love Emma said he’s looking at boats again while i heard in the back ground was Ahhhh there reply was to ten minuets later i got forced to move on & we approached Jewel where my supions were correct. Once of the stern roped did come loose I helped everybody aboard first then for the next ten minuets i was trying to tighten the stern rope.

Now i don’t know about anybody else if they have problems with these posts it like a little concrete post with plastic guttering around it & every time the rope just slips which annoyed me. As i got back on the boat i opened up all the windows & asked daff to push on the canopy while i winched it down a little to left at much cold air in as possible as i don’t like hot weather that much. I turned on the inverter & got the Arial ready so i could get the TV sorted so i wouldn’t have to sort it out later.

As i made my way back to the stern via the walkway i decided to take a look at the baby Antares who i thought looked familiar & on approach i noticed the name Friday Girls & i thought that’s a NBN members boat so i made my self known at it turn out to be a NBN I couldn’t beleave i was doing these as i am normally the shy type. We had a little chat John hucked up to shore power & i had a little stroke of his dog.

As i turned around i noticed the big green machine of course i knew that bounty & what a beast nice sounding engine helped Jim moor up then noticed a couple more crew aboard once they were moored up we got to know each other & found out it was Mr. & misses Jonzo. They got them selves comfy brought out the deck chairs & chilled out on the grass so i went back aboard jewel to make shure everything was alright which it was everybody was just chilling out i took my cigs & lighter off the dash & went in to the galley found my glass & poured my self a glass of coke with plenty of ice.

When it was poured i filled the ice cube tray & put it back in the freeze & made my way on to the stern got comfy & sparked a cig up while enjoying what was left of the sun i spotted a couple of things on Inca which i asked Jim about as i was curious as you do lol which he gladly filled me in on. So once i had finished my cig so i went in to the saloon where everybody was either watching TV or playing cards.

I was starting to get a little hungry but as i dint want to start eating & spoil my tea i just finished my coke we had a little chat about tomorrow as it was the NBN meet the first official meet for me which i was dreding & getting second thoughts about not turning up as i dint know if people would like me or take one look & scarper. But as it was approaching 20:00 i forgot about my dowts as it was time to make our way to the Waveney inn as everybody had got dressed while i was out talking to Jimbo it saved a lot of time as women take an AGE!!! To get ready.

As we approached the Waveney inn it was busy & we noticed it was karaoke night we thought fair enough there was only once table that could fit ten people on in the main bar area which was already taken to we had to move in the other eating area away from the bar which was a little disappointing as there was no atmosphere. As we got everybody sat down we had a look at the menus so i decided to buy this round as i hadn’t realy got much so i thought why not. Bulmer’s for me strongbow for Jack & Kate Sarah fosters daff strongbow Emma larger & black Dave(dad) had the Waveney inn ale which all came under £20 not bad.

After me & Dave(dad) brought the beers through we decided to order i decided not to go for the stake as there was nothing wrong with it just a little to small for me any other person it might of filled but me dint touch the sides lol. So this time i chose the king yorkie Kate had the green tie curry we hade four 80z gammon’s jack had i think home made stake mushroom ale pie. Every meal was a £10 or under.

Dint take long for the meals to start arriving they all came at the same time which was realy good i would say from ordering to tale 20 mins tops & as they were busy i would say i was impressed. Everyone was tucking in i got half way though my king yorkie & i was struggling but i dint want to leave any so i ate it all. Once we had finished our food we ordered another round of beers same all round around when we had got our beers i challenged daff to a game of pool which we were both drawing up until this point. As i hadn’t played pool since i left high school i quickly cleared up game dint last long then Dave(dad) shown his face & wanted to challenge me daff said your going to get it now Emma came in & found out Dave(dad) had challenged me.

So we began i broke potting one yellow Dave(dad) was realy good but as he’s not played for a while he had lost his touch which of course i won i had cleared up with no balls on the table he had one red plus the black. But it was a good game daff & Dave(dad) had a game which of course dad won but took a little longer as daffyd had little sight but he is good lol. Once the game had finished we found out everybody had finished there round of drinks so back to the bar as it was Kate’s round as i went out to help bring back the beer i couldn’t help getting pulled in my Max the Newfoundland now if you every go in to the Waveney inn Max is a must see.

He’s friendly always chilling out near the fridge but won’t go beyond the bar unless told by the gent behind the bar. So we took the beers back to the table it was the same again so we put them on the big table in the main bar as if was free & Dave(dad) was sitting there watching the rest of the crew playing air hockey. But me i got suckered in by the 2p machines again while the rest of the crew was playing air hockey me & Sarah went outside for a cig where we had noticed a few bunnies’s hopping around.

Once we had finished our cig i went back in to pick up my drink & went back outside to sit on a bench which most of our crew followed suit i dint stay out long i just finished my bulmers as i was ready to go back to the boat. But as i was ready to leave we saw this massive black thing running around they we realised it was max he was running around getting fussed over by the public lol. Before max went back inside he decided to take a leak on the bench umbrella they legged it back inside the pub lol as i had finished my Bulmer’s i decided to go back to the boat as i reached the boat i stepped aboard unlocked the patio door & walked in.

I turned on the inverter had a little look what was on TV & left it on ITV i put up the curtains around the inside of the canopy i went in to the spare room to get my pillows & bedding which i put on the helm seat until i was ready. As my cigs were in my pocket i picked up a small glass & poured coke in to the glass & went outside in the stern well for a cig. While i was having my cig i looked around at Friday girl there was no light on same goes for Inca so either they had gone to bed or they were still in the pub. I had finished my cig went in to the galley finished of my coke put it in the sing & went in to the saloon & watch some TV I took my cigs out of my pocket & put them on the dash.

I wanted to know what time it was so i looked around for my mobile then after two mins of looking it was next to the TV i had a look to see what time it was it had just turned 23:30 as there wasn’t much on TV i put Harry Potter on just as i got comfy i hear heard a lot of talking & i knew it was the rest of the crew about to step aboard. They all came in to the saloon talking so loud i wished i had brought some earmuffs not long after getting comfy on the sofa one by one they all started to go off to bed as they were pooped & stuffed. So after they all had gone to bed i put

away the table & pulled out the bed reached for my bedding of the helm seat once the bed was made i couldn’t wait to get snuggled in. So i went in to the Galley turning on light on my way opened the fridge reached for the cheese made a couple of cheese sandwiches just as i was about to the my sandwiches i noticed i forgot the most important thing the brown sauce so once that error was fixed i cut my sandwiches picked up the sandwiches walked in to the saloon put them down then went back in to the galley & poured a large glass of coke with plenty of ice filled they tray back up & put it back in the freezer.

Picked up my glass of coke went back in to the saloon turning off the lights as i got when i reached the saloon i put the glass next to my bed sat down on the bed i got undressed rolled over in to bed & watched a little Harry Potter while eating my sandwiches once they had been eaten i took my time with my coke as i wanted to savour the coldness of the drink so fifteen minuets later the coke had depleted I put the glass on the floor turned off the TV & inverter I rolled over & went to sleep & from what i remember it dint take long.

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

Saturday 4th

Well after a good nights sleep i wasn’t going to wake up early but as it was warm in the saloon i chucked off the quilt opened up both windows & checked my mobile for the time which was under my pillow it was just approaching 08:00am. So i thought as the crew were still sleeping i though no point in rushing around so while chilling out in bed i turned the inverter on & the TV after having a brief look what was on which of course was nothing i stuck it on ITV.

After watching TV for a little while getting board of TV i have another quick look at my mobile its 08:45 so i though i might as well get out of bed. So i did got dressed took down the curtains & took my bedding off & put it all in the spare room went back in to the saloon picked up my cigs & lighter went into the galley pulled back the curtain & unlocked the door.

As soon i stepped outside in to the well you could smell the broad’s just pure lushness so i sat down sparked up a cig & watched the world go by looked over at Inca curtains were closed no sign off like so must have been a good night at the pub dint see or hear them come back though lol. Looked to my left & no Friday girl there ahh yes i remember John saying he was leaving WRC at 06:00am for Beccles yacht station but it was a stunning morning nothing but wildlife.

So time to go back in so i went in to the saloon about to pick up my glass when Emma popped her head out of the master cabin your up early i know this happens when i am not in Manchester i don’t get depressed i feel alive when i am where i belong well make me a brew. Ok no problem so back in to the galley filled up the kettle got the cups & ready for the water when it boils so while i am waiting to the fridge got the ice cube tray popped out around eight ice cubes and refilled with water. Turned around picked up the bottle of coke & poured as the coke hit the ice cubes you get the nice cracking sound of the ice.

As i just finished pouring my coke the kettle boiled so i put the coke down screwed the lid on & turned of the cooker poured the water refilled he kettle put it on the cooker & presto Emma’s brew was ready so off up in the saloon a quick knock on the master cabin door & daff got up & cam to collect her brew. I decided while everyone was in bed i would get the engine checks out of the way so went to get a bottle of water & a rag went back in to the saloon lifted up the engine bay hatch stunning 2.2 Nanni. Checked the weed filters nothing in them both checked the header tank filled up the water screwed on the cap then checked the oil but was on so didn’t need topping up so closed the engine bay hatch & put the table back in its rightful place.

Picked up the bottle of water & the dirty rag went in to the galley filled up the bottle of water for tomorrow placed the rag in the cabinet to use again tomorrow picked up my coke that i left in the kitchen it was just rite freezing cold & still ice cubes in the glass. Went out in to the well sat down had a swig of my coke ahh heaven sparked up a cig when i noticed two sun chairs on the bank looked to the stern of Inca & the patio door was open so they were up.

Not long after Jim came out of the stern 7 on to the chairs that were on the bank followed by Jonzo we had a chat while i was having my cig then i noticed Sarah getting up ten minuets later Dave(dad) gets up. All that was left in bed was daffyd & Emma Kate & Jack I asked Sarah what time it was she said just going on 10:20am ok not long & we will be leaving for the meet ok ill let every body know.

As i turned back around to talk to Jim i noticed a friend & his unmistakable Madeira & i was rite like always it was Steve who had moored up for water & diesel so i went over & had a chat as i knew he wasn’t scare of my size lol. We had a nice chat talking about the work he has done on Ella since i last saw him & i must say it looks realy good inside. Once he had filled up with water he was waiting for diesel but he was in a queue so i pointed out that Jimbo & Jonzo were moored next to us he said realy so he went for a walk over & chatted for a few mins.

I went back aboard Jewel to see what was happening Jack & Kate was still in bed Emma was still in bed but daffyd was up Dave(dad) had put the kettle on for a brew as he was gasping for a brew Sarah & daffyd was sitting around the table watching TV. Not long after he had the brews were made & i noticed a Buccaneer 37 pull round into the basin & it was Barry & Olive we find out that the boats were on there way. so i went over to Steve who was filling up with diesel would he like to go in convoy which he said sounds good he had just topped off with fuel so i go over to Jim to see what he’s doing & he said he was setting off later so least we know what he’s doing.

So i went back on to Jewel asked Daffyd to open up both roof windows which he did turned off the inverter & TV then he unplugged the Arial then i went back in to the saloon via the patio door in the well asked Daffyd to push the roof down while i winched it down to keep the cables taught. 30 seconds later the canopy was down Dave(dad) said are we leaving yer members boats have already gone past ok ill get the stern ropes he said while i got the mud weight not had realy less than ten second & it was on the bow.

As i was up on the bow i folded down the windows screens went back in the helm seat made shure she was out of gear a little throttle eight seconds of hear & she roars in to life & what a sound she makes. We wave to Jimbo & crew as were ready to set off Dave (dad) shouts rite so i manoeuvre Jewel out of the basin with ease there were a few boats but was easy.

We went past Steve we was getting ready to cast off so i kick her 1600Rpm taking a nice steady cruise slowing down to pass a nice wooden sailing cruiser slowed down to tick over waiting for a reply from him where he would like me to pass him still nothing so for ten minuets i wait he must have though i was one who would just over take him no matter what he would do. So i kept waiting not long after he singled to pass him on the inside while he attacked to the left so i did as i went passed he let on gave a wave &said thank you.

That was worth the ten minuets waiting for him to reply about two minuets after passing the sailing boat i saw Steve just coming round the bend so after passing the sail boat at 1600rpm i slowed back to 1200rpm which is tick over on Jewel. Not so long later ten mins or so Steve over took me so waited for him to get a little bit of a gap then kicked her back up to 1600rpm. We saw a few boats moored up & passing us going the other way saw a nice few fishing spots.

So i thought nice opportunity to take some shots of Ella underway which i did not so long later Steve put on his life jacket & went on to the walkway looked like he was fiddling with the canopy so i got a few cheeky shots. A nice cruiser sun was out starting to get qwite hot so t-shirt off sis rubs sun cream on me so i don’t get burnt but that was unlikely. Not long later we passed the sunken cruiser again then all over a sudden i notice loads of small sailing dinghies so slowed to tick over & let Steve have some room not long after i put Jewel back in to tick over & hugged as much of the bank as possible not that far away about 8 – 10inches & not hitting the bank once.

Making our way through slowly the parent on the bank noticed how big jewel was then all there eyes were fixed on what i was doing but they dint notice what those small nimble dinghies were doing expecting me to move. all the time which i couldn’t one after the other after a couple swooping in front of the bow forcing me to throw jewel in to full reverse making shure not hitting either in front or behind me.

Not long after we passed through approaching the first bridge then a turn left when i noticed Paul & Lorna’s boat Susan & Adam’s boat Barry & olive John & Mary Jane. I positioned Jewel in the middle of the basin & waited for Steve to moor up which dint take long but there was a realy strong breeze coming across us so here goes I was planning to get jewel in next to Ella. So fist attempt went well with using the advantage of the wind i manage to get jewel in a good position to just reverse her in after taking an orkwird approach.

Then i was expecting a straight moor up but then a bump & i though crap I’ve hit Ella so i little forward then again reverse a little bump again i thought what’s going on. I found out that both ends of the stern was hitting each post half & half so i was rite i could have got her in but the post haven’t been measured properly. So a quick manoeuvre up a few spots i new from the angle i came in and the wind was going to push us down & miss my where i wanted the stern to go & cause me to hit the post.

So i went back out went a little more up river & again the wind catching jewel & pushing her down but a mind 30 seconds & we were all moved up where i had gotten all the attention of our members lol. We said hello i noticed a few members from before & spotted Brian & Claire straight off. Not long after Jimbo & Inca pulled up he quickly found out that the wind was affecting him & instead of coming in straight he needed to go up manoeuvre sideways & let the wind blow him in.

He managed to manoeuvre Inca to the posts where Dave(dad) & Adam were on Pete’s Joy helping while Colin got one stern on rope i gave him a little hand but no matter how hard we pulled it wasn’t going to budge as the stern corner was holding tight again the post Jonzo dint notice even though he was relaxing on the post lol. But when we pointed that out Jonzo pushed the corner off & she was free not long later she was moored up & Jim a little frustrated as he wasn’t expecting it to be that hard lol but we got Inca in after once forum member got a blister on the inside of his hand & was bleeding which he dint say sorry for LMHO.

We all said hello to everyone a few came by car other by boat but there was a good turn out I went back on to Jewel where Dave(dad) was getting ready to go shopping with Daffyd & Sarah. While Emma Kate & Jack stayed on the boat I was on the grass talking to Steve when Dave(dad) came over to let me know they were going to Morrison’s. Barry had set up the boat jumble everybody was looking lots of bits & bobs I think Adam bought a couple of books I got some fenders of John & Mary Jane which wasn’t expected but would come in handy.

While we were all watching Barry set up his gas BBQ it would be run & games lighting it in this wind even so it was still roasting with that sun out. People were drinking having chats getting to know each other when finally Barry had got his BBQ going & watching him cook the food was making me hungry then Adam got out his little magic one out where he was cooking ribs & the smell was divine.

Plus while other members were chatting I got to grips with a little chap called Merc who i couldn’t wait to get to play with & he was wicked liked play fighting messing around barking at dogs then hiding like a coward but you couldn’t fault him one inch. Then i notice Dave(dad) Daffyd & Sarah coming back over the bridge so i rush over to help i picked up all the shopping i think all in all eight bags of shopping & daff had four bags with bread in. so no time to wait got the BBQ off the back of Jewel place it near a pickknick bench which could be doing with a replacement.

Poured loads of coal in poured lots of lighter fluid in pointed the BBQ in the wind & lit it & away she went straight off & she dint stop while charcoal was burning Dave(dad) was getting the food ready while i got everything sorted. Sarah was helping Dave(dad) get everything sorted as he dint want to many in the galley so while i was waiting for the food i noticed Barry brining a huge box filled with fluid which i thought that couldn’t be good until i noticed everyone with cups digging in.

Then Olive offered me a cup full of punch ahh punch why not & my god it was so refreshing realy nice it was could of done with another three tubs but that one dint last long Olive then went over to our crew who at this time were sat on the bench waiting for there food & asked if they wanted any punch which they did.

I went back over to Jewel & Dave(dad) if the food was ready you can cook what is ready so i did while i was cooking Steve came over with the food that was left which they couldn’t each so he offered it to our crew as he dint want to waste it. But for the 40mins i was cooking i was fending those paws of there not to start digging in before everyone one was sat down. But not long and all the food was ready i was just finishing off the food when Dave(dad) came over & they starting eating while i was cooking how unfair is that.

So once all the food was cooked i have one of everything while they had three of everything just finishing off the food Olive comes over with came aw no people are going to be fighting over the last couple of pieces that were left i so wanted a piece but let the crew have my piece. Once the food was eaten me & Sarah took all the stuff back to the boat where Jack & Kate washed up not long after everyone was in the saloon playing cards of chilling out on the boat as i went back to the boat for a strongbow Jack wanted to come over for a while & just chill out.

The sun was going down Adam was putting the canopy back on Jupes while Jim was drinking other members were just cleaning up Brian & Claire left a earlier Dave& Chris (Aquaholic) brought some burgers which Barry had cooked for them i got my long awaited NBN members gear they both said there good byes & headed for home but was nice to meet the fella at last.

It was getting dark as the sun was setting I asked Jack to winch up the canopy while i pushed not long after i noticed i forgot the windscreens so one min later they were up & jack was continuing winching the room. Once the roof was up switched on the inverter & TV & found a good reception. Everyone was staring to get on there boats so we did the same i left the BBQ on the bank for a while to cool down Jack & Kate had an early night so did Emma & Daffyd Sarah wasn’t long to follow.

So i went back on the bank to check if the BBQ was still how which it was so i went & got a bucked full of water poured the ashes in some scrub then poured water all over them went back for another bucket of water while taking the BBQ back dowsed the ashes three times with water. Then went back on Jewel everyone had gone to bed so i put up the curtains pulled out the bed & went in to the spare room for my bedding not long after my bed was ready so i went in to the galley picked up my glass.

Poured some coke in my glass went in to the fridge pulled out the ice cube tray put half of the tray in to my glass then filled the tray back up with water. Then on to my sandwich chicken cheese & brown sauce once made i picked up my Sandwich & my glass of coke & went in to the saloon while switching off the light put my glass & sandwich next to my bed on the floor got undress & crawled in to bed it feels so good getting in to bed on a boat don’t know why just does. My sandwich dint last long but my glass of coke did I was watching Big Brother so i wanted my coke to last as long as possible taking small sips was good but once BB had finished i turned off the inverter & TV took my last swig of coke turned off the light & waited to fall asleep which i did.

Photo's will follow shortly

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday 5th

Well again i woke to sun beaming through the curtains & through the glass on the rear window on the canopy already you noticed the heat so i opened the saloon windows on my side then a quick hop over to the other side of the saloon & opened the other window. I got back in to bed found my mobile under my pillow & check what time it was it showed 08:50 so i thought ill turn back over while doing so i was watching the sun ripple off the saloon canopy. It was nice to watch & the soundtrack today was bird’s ducks with a slite breeze coming thought the window just what the doc ordered. So after a while i checked my mobile & it had just left 09:30 i couldn’t stay in bed any longer so i rolled over sat up & got dressed i then took the bedding off went & put the bedding back in the spare room.

Went back in to the saloon put the bed back in to the sofa took down the curtains on both sides of the saloon then put then back in the draw. I looked out the saloon windows to a nice sunny Beccles yacht station boat coming & going so i turned around picked up my glass off the floor went in to the galley filled the kettle up with water & got the rag i put on one side for checking the oil. Went back into the saloon put the kettle down opened up the engine bay hatch stepped down checked the header tank & topped it up then checked the oil & the filters were clean so i stepped back up & closed the engine bay hatch. When i went to pick up the kettle i noticed i forgot to open the little triangle windows on the rear of the canopy so i stepped up & did so.

I picked up the kettle & my rag went back in to the galley emptied the kettle & filled it back up put the rag back in its place washed out my glass went in to the fridge pulled out the ice cube bag poped out ten ice cubes went to fill the bag thinking it was the tray then realised you cant refill ice cube bags lol. Went to find the coke which was on the floor poured it in to the glass & the cracking sound you get when the coke hits the ice cube is heaven once the glass was filled i put the bottle back picked up the glass & made my way in to the saloon on my way taking sips of the glass. I had another look out the saloon windows to see if there was any life out there i did notice some NBN members moving around so i looked at my mobile it was showing !0:00.

So i turned on the inverter & switched on the TV had a little look see what was on but nothing realy so i left it on ITV then one after the other life started to awaken on the boat Emma first Sarah Dave(dad) Daffyd Jack & Kate last as per the norm. So while people were waking up i picked up my cigs & lighter of the dash went in to the galley & put the kettle on for a cuppa then opened the curtain unlocked the patio door walked outside & it hit my like every time i come to the broads i am in heaven where i belong. I sat down in the in the stern well lit up a cig & just thinking to my self & reminiscing on old times when i was on holiday with my mum when we was a proper family. While i was just finishing off my cig i noticed all the other crew laughing joking & looking like hell as they had just woke up & a little smile broke.

Cig finished i stepped on to the bank where i noticed that Jimbo had left early & had already gone back to his mooring but no life aboard it looked like Barry & olive were having there breakfast. The canopy coves on Jupes had been taken down they were just relaxing on the cockpit sofa well Suzann was lol & Merc was just being Merc & wanted to be loved. There was nobody aboard Pete’s Joy so Paul must gone for a walk of gone to morisson’s so back to the boat on my way back i seen John & Mary Jane were enjoying the sun. So back aboard to see what was going on we had to top up with water but no hoses where we were moored so we had a little chat with our crew to see what we were doing as we was heading back up north. Once the plan was set we were setting off at midday so i went back outside where i noticed Barry stepping on & off his bounty so i went over & had a little chat & he& Olive were going to Morisson’s to get some shopping as there staying south for two weeks i think it was two weeks. So i asked if they could pick my up a paper i was expecting a no get your own but they say nope will no so i went back aboard Jewel to get some cash which was passed on.

So as time went on if i can remember Ste said he was getting an early start & setting off early it looked like somebody was heading off so i took a walk over & John & Mary Jane were setting off the nice sounding rumble of a penta starting up. Plus i noticed John & Marry Jane had offered to take there daughter for the cruise back to there mooring which i thought was nice of them then Adam started up his sealine which sounded like Penta’s again & took a stead approach out of the moorings then there were three left. Paul on Pete’s Joy said he was going up north for a week so we would try and go in convoy if the timing was right.

So as I watched them leave i went back to the boat & asked Jack to winch the canopy back while i push to keep the cables tort not long & the canopy was down followed by the window screens i looked at my mobile & it was 11:30. so while the rest of the crew were having a nice cuppa i had the last bit of my coke sat down on the helm seat & lit up a cig while listing to kiss fm. Not long after i noticed some people coming back with shopping & it was the crew of Pete’s Joy with there shopping so i knew it wouldn’t be long before they were underway. I finished off my cig while thinking to my self what a good weekend it had been my first NBN meet it was good to be part of a crowed where i wasn’t being judged due to that fact i was big but ass i said i would be a was a little quit.

next part on its way shortly