(VIP's)

Guest Jonny

Continued

So waiting for Dave(dad) to say rite which he did & we were on our way there were two options of getting water the easy option was mooring side on with massive amounts of room on the same side we had just pushed off on. or the side i preferred was to moor stern on with a nice seagoing cruiser which was moored side on a royals moored stern on with enough room for on & a half boats moored stern on so. Dave(dad) said where you mooring so i went for the second option a 30s job & we were moored the woman on the royals boat gave me a quick glance while reading her mag & i gave her a quick smile back.

One moored i unscrewed the water cap walked down the walkway & picked up the water hose walked back up to the saloon & put the hose in rite Dave(dad) & he turned the tap on. While we waited for the tank to fill i lit up a cig the radio was still on kiss then i noticed Barry getting ready to leave with Olive at the helm we waved our good bys & the slowly went out of sight. One min later i hear a trickle of water Dave(dad) said rite were full so he turned the hose off while i took it back to him he wounded the house back up while i walked back down the walkway to screw the water lid back on once it was tight hoped back in to the helm seat make shure she was out of gear turned the key no heat & she turned straight over

A second later rite read & off we went i manovered jewel out of Beccles on to the main river on tick over then when we reached the little yacht racing point i knocked jewel back up to 1600RMP & we were on our way. Our first stop would be the WRC to take on some fuel as it was the start of our second week but of a nice stead trip up sun was beaming out as i dint have any breakfast i got offered a mushroom butty which i dint turn down with a nice glass of coke with plenty of ice. It went down a rite treat everybody had a drink well they were still drinking it Jack & Kate were on the sofa Dave(dad) Emma & daffyd were sitting in the stern well while Sarah was relaxing on the bow taking in the sun.

We were approaching the WRC where a boat was moored taking on fuel & backs coming from all directions i slowed rite down while keeping jewel in the centre of the river only putting her in gear for a brief second to keep her where i wanted her. Not long after the gent on the mooring said he was going so while he was getting ready to push off i went to swing jewel round nobody was giving way i was getting frushstraighted so i thought i am not waiting any longer put my foot down swung jewel round in two maneuvers & it gave just enough time for the other boat to give the gent who was moored up enough time to swing out & he said than you while leaving.

While we was waiting for fuel Emma Daffyd Sarah Jack & Kate went to the shop they have on sight we all got ice creams & i received a little present from the crew which came in the for of a small teddy with skipper on it lol. While we were still waiting for a pump out i took a photo of Freddy which i meant to while we was there last time but we pre occupied. Not long after the fuel tank was full & we got told the damage once the crew was aboard £52 we used the first week out of £150 we had payed when we booked which wasn’t bad So jack & Dave(dad) went in to the office to pay the bill.

Not long after they reached the boat & said rite we ready so Dave(dad) untied the ropes i make shure Jewel was out of gear & turned he straight over without no heat as the engine was hot it dint need any as we were about to push off i noticed a stunning searay cruise past realy eye catching those boats. As we pushed off i swung jewel round with ease it was a nice cruise as were not far off somerleyton i let jack take over the helm & dint tell him we was going under a bridge where only one boat could fit under but with my instructions he followed smoothly. First we slowed down to tick over we were the only boat coming we went through the bridge i told him to slowly push down on the throttle but he knocked it & opened her up full throttle to well over 3000RPM lol.

Which was soon corrected it wasn’t his fault we knocked her back to 1600RPM & i noticed three BA patrol launched & one blue rib & all i got was you were speeding slow down which was for those brief couple of seconds that jack knocked the throttle. They noticed i corrected it but they dint know jack was blind they could have just simply noticed that it happened he noticed what had happened he corrected it that’s it job done but no i got a dirty look from them all.

But it wasn’t going to put me off we approached the st Olaves turn off we turned off qwite busy today as we approached the bridge i noticed a nice wooded cruiser dual steer realy nicely maintained & looked like a bates. On our way op to braydon we noticed qwite a few boats coming down mostly Richo’s & Herbert Woods when we reached Braydon i got a tap on the shoulder from Dave(dad) come on let me take over for a bit so i did. We was approaching Then somebody shouted Jonny i turned around & it was Barry with my paper in hand & said ill get your change but i said no keep it i just was grateful he dint tell me where to get off lol. So i got my paper i went back in to the saloon sat down on my helm seat picked up my mobile off the dash at the time was 12:20 so it was time to head off. I went on to the bow picked up the mud weight with ease placed it on the bow went back to my helm seat made shure she was out of gear a few revs turn the key gave her seven second of hear & she roared into life every time that sound hits me. Burgh castle marine where i spotted a nice steel ship i spotted a BA patrol launch coming off braydon as well. But no sign of life at the fisherman’s which was a shame it was a hive of life when we had the Braydon bash there.

As we were on braydon there were qwite a few boat crossing i told Dave(dad) to open jewel up to 2000RPM there was a nice wellcraft towing a doughnut with three lads on while at full throttle realy good to watch but as we was watching we noticed a realy off putting cloud which dint look good. Be what i was looking forward to was the wash from the wellcraft which was realy enjoyed by all our crew then out of know where was an old type of a bayliner cuddy gunning it up & down braydon.

We approached the big braydon lift bridge where i took control of jewel not long after we hit turned left for Vauxhall bridge there was qwite a queue of boats the tide was against up & i had to slow down to tick over as it looked as these boats were mooring here. As it was clear i knocked her back up to 1600RPM & over took them we went past Johnny’s dinner the foster 45 that had been sunk ages ago but looked realy nice now. It was a nice cruise but noticed a couple of boats that were dragging ropes & mud weights which we notified they & quickly said thank you sorted the problem out but wasn’t far off stokesby wind pump thing or as i know it as petite’s.

But just before we hit petite’s i noticed a lot of steam coming out of Moon Enterprise so waited for a clear stretch & put my foot down to get alongside to let him know either he had forgot to open his stopcock or his filter was block he sent his wife to have a look as this can cause a work of problems dint say thank you or anything so i over took him once clear i slowed jewel back to 1600RMP as we approached petite’s there were plenty of mooring. So we carried on to stokesby free mooring but not a chance it was all full pub moorings & the BA free mooring all the boats were double moored.

So after doing two circuits all i kept getting were dirty looks & people watching so i thought watch this ill give them something to worry about i picked the tightest spot i could to swing curlew round at one point the stern cam within one foot of a moored boat. But i knew what my baby could do & knew how she handled less than 30s & we were heading back to petite’s but i noticed a boat coming up & a little Hampton it was petite gem from Richo’s about to pull out so i slowed down put jewel in reverse as petite was a small boat dint take long for them to swing out the waved franticly & said thank you.

But i notice there stern starboard rope dragging in the water as they were on tick over i put jewel up to 1600RPM & let the couple know about the rope his wife went through & collected the rope. The he opened petite up & was up my backside once reaching petite’s he slowed back down to tick over & moored at the start of the moorings. I went a little further down swing jewel round in no time we approached the moorings they were lovely & clean Dave(Dad) took the stern line & i too the bow line jewel bow & stern was brought side on at the same time slowed rite down to a stop & easily stepped off lol.

Once we were moored up we went to pay our mooring fee the gent said a lady will be along to you boat shortly sir ok no problem we had a little look around the shop & i thought as i haven’t payed for much on this holiday & there not being a pub. I bought some wine for our crew cherry wine apricot & boysenberry each bottle was about £6 & worth it i only had a small sip as i wanted the crew to have something from me for a change but there was nothing but flavour from these when you bought a cherry wine all you could taste was cherry that’s what i call a proper wine not a wine where you spent £20 on a bottle & tastes like Rat Pi**.

We went over to the little cafe & the lady said she was shutting in ten mins so off back to the boat to see what our crew wanted it was a shame that the Pontiac wasn’t open as i would have preferred all you can eat. We told our crew what was on offer from the little cafe if was scampi & chips twice sausage & chips twice chicken & chips twice i had chips & beans YUMMY which all came to just under £20.

With our food we went back to the boat everybody was sat round the table i went in to the galley & sorted out a load of bread & butter. While they were all digging in to there food i spung the little wine surpise on them & all i got was good lad what timing was that & they all realy enjoyed it so that is good enough for me i just stuck to my coke with plenty of ice. Once we had all finished i put the trays in the bin it was only 1800 as we dint get here till 17:30 so with jack winching up the canopy me pushing from the out side i told him to hold on as i forgot the window screens so a quick trip round to the bow two mins later rite Jack keep it going.

I asked Daffyd to open the saloon windows so he could pass me my cigs off the dash which he kindly did i walked down to the stern where i saw Dave(dad) sorting out his fishing gear sorted as he was doing so on the bank i lit up a cig. I had a look how fast the current was flowing but to fast for the pole of float so i cracked out the spinner one hour later nothing & i got Kate shouting Jonny can you sort the TV out yer no worries give me a min. As i put the spinner away i notices the couple who were on petite gem walking back they said hello & thanked me for pointing out the rope we had a nice little chat then they decided to carry on as it was starting to get a little dark.

I went back in to the saloon to turn on the inverter & switch on the TV back outside via the stern well i asked Daffyd to turn round the TV & pass me the remote so when i find a signal i can switch the channel over to see if the other channels are clear. Which they were so we watched TV for a while but our crew were a little tired from our long trip from Beccles but not me i enjoyed it. So one by one they all started to peal off to bed. I put up the curtains pulled out my bed went in to the spare room got my bedding back into the saloon & made my bed.

Once my bed was made i looked at my i grabbed my mobile from the side of the TV & check what time it was I couldn’t beleave it was 23:00 its gone so quick so i went to the galley noticed dad was still fishing so i opened the patio door you doing an all nighter Dave(dad) yer can you make me a flask of coffee. Yer no problem so while the kettle was boiling i asked all our crew if they would like a cuppa in bed & the only answer i got was yes please. So once Dave’s(dad) flask was made i started on the drinks for the rest of the crew & took them to there cabins on giving the last two to Emma & Daffyd i had a quick look see what was on TV but nothing realy on so i put Harry Potter back on.

I went back in to the galley & made my sandwich as i was still hungry so what to have tonight i chose cheese with brown sauce i then picked up my glass from the sing gave it a quick wash. I then got the ice from the fridge put the bad back in the freeze poured the coke & ahh that sound lots of bubbles lol. So i picked up my glass & sandwich went in to the saloon placed it next to my bed picked up my cigs from next to the tv. Went back in to the galley picked up the flask opened the patio door went out side closed the door passed the flask to Dave(dad) sat down lit up a cig & chatted for around 30mins.

After watching him for a while i said good night & went back in closed the patio door behind me went in to the saloon turning off the lights as i go i turn off the lights in the saloon get undressed the long awaited clime in to bed & pressed play on the remote as i like watching Harry Potter. Once my sandwich i take little sips of my coke to make it last longer but in the end it does run out so i put the glass on the floor check the time on my mobile its 00:40. so I turned off the TV then the inverter i rolled over got comfy & not long after i dozed off.

more Soon

Sorry about the long delay

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday 6th

I awoke again to perfect sunshine beaming through the curtains i reached for my mobile under my pillow i checked to see what time it was not bad just gone 09:00 so i turned on the inverter & tv to see what was on but as per the norm there was nothing on. So i got dressed took down the curtains opened up the widows picked up my bedding & took it to the spare room i went back up to the saloon to pick up my cigs off the dash went in to the galley. I pulled back the curtain covering the patio door where i saw Dave(dad) still fishing i opened the door said good morning you been out all night yep had much few bits nothing big.

So i put the kettle on went back in to the saloon to pick up my glass from the side of the sofa went back in to the galley poured my self a coke with plenty of ice then went out in the stern well for a cig while talking to Dave(dad). Then the kettle boiled made Dave(dad) a coffee said he was going to half another half hour then come in so i said ok while i was outside everybody started to get up as they heard the kettle so i made everybody a cuppa while i was there.

While i was getting everyone sorted out as they hadn’t woke up yet i asked what they wanted for breakfast most of the crew has cereal while me & Dave(dad) had a mushroom sandwich which went down a treat. Kate & jack wanted to see the mini ponies so while we were here why not so i waited while everybody got dressed which dint take long Dave(dad) went to bed for some kip i took everybody over apart from Daffyd & Emma who were still sleepy. So while helping Jack Kate & Sarah to get off the boat safely we took the short walk over to the shop on our approach i took some nice shots of the two peacock that roamed there we then proceeded to the shop where we asked if we could get near the mini horses where he said not allowed unless they come round in to the pen.

A little disappointed but we carried on Jack wanted to see what other wine they had in the shop after he liked the stuff i bought he bought two cheery one for during the week & one to take home. I couldn’t help being pulled in yet again by the two red macaws they have recued as you know i love parrots so i spent qwite a while over there. When i found the rest of our crew wandering about we went back to the boat where i spotted the Moon enterprise where i pointed out there was no aware coming out of there exhaust i hope they understood what i was on about.

Once we were back to the boat Dave(dad) was still in bed Emma & Daffyd were in the saloon chilling out but as we came in Dave(dad) was snoring his head off so i left him where he was. So i proceeded to do my engine checks top up the header tank check the weed filters check the oil closed the engine hatch got the table sorted out. Then went outside to remove the Arial i asked Daffyd to winch down the canopy while i pushed two mins later we were all sorted. I was on the walkway i made shure Jewel was out of gear a few revs seven seconds of heat & away she turned.

As the tide was coming in i untied the stern line gave it a little push untied the bow line & stepped on hard right over a little revs & brought Jewel straight straightened up & we were away. We were heading to Ranworth as Katie wanted to go have a look at the church we had a nice smooth trip to Ranworth broad. But when approaching the mooring it was all full up we was the first inline for a mooring but other boaters were determined to jump the queue so i swung jewel around & stuck the mud weighted but after twenty mins of waiting we decided to come back on Wednesday.

So i lifted up the mud weight swung Jewel around & we headed off for Ludham Bridge where we had made arrangement to meet Brian there on Lady Linda later in the day. But we gave him a ring & said we would be there sooner but he turned round & said he was already there so said we would be on our way up in around an hour or so. As we left Ranworth Broad it started spitting but we left the canopy down a nice gentle cruise up to Ludham bridge but there was a silverline one of there mini Alpha’s which had slowed down he knew i was behind him taking up the whole of the river giving me dirty looks so i thought sod him if he wants to be like that so i over took him on tick over where is mood & looks dint improve.

Straight under the bridge no problem it was becoming qwite fun where i could get this boat through without touching the sides where others had smaller boats & making a hash of it but it couldn’t be helped. I spotted Brian & Lady Linda towards the end of the moorings i noticed a little dint weekender moored right at the end with about 30ft worth of mooring the a connoisseur laving another 30ft of mooring still on there boats but it dint click to think about moving there boats up for others but just watched be swinging this big boat around with less than a foot on either side which i like attracting a crowed at this point lol.

As i swung Jewel around for the fourth time the little weekender had decided to move off & dint let on he was doing so which was very very nice of him as soon as i noticed full reverse past a couple of moored boats. the people on the connoisseur seen me doing at & stared thinking what’s he on lol but came to the mooring within 30s Jewel was alongside the bank Dave(dad) took the stern i took the bow once moored we walked down to Brian where he was happily having a cig & said hello dudes we off to the pub then yer why not.

We walked back up to the boat as Brian locked up Lady Linda once back at the boat we winched up the canopy while everyone was getting ready Brian had walked up to the boat we started to walk up to the bridge & Daffyd realised that he had left his wallet trust him we all said. So while Dave(dad) went back we all carried on we walked up the road & i noticed a pickup coming toward us i thought i know that pickup & indeed i did it was Clive we exchanged waves & carried on to the pub around two mins later we reached the pub & i couldn’t wait to get a nice cold drink.

We went in to the pub & its was totally dead even though it was 14:30 so we decided to wait for Dave(dad) before we got the drinks in but Brian dint lol around five mins later he arrived with Daffyd’s wallet so we decided to get the drinks in only to be asked for ID from the your guy behind the bar now nobody was under eighteen they had disabled bus & rail cards to say they were either blind of partial sighted with there names & age on but he dint want that he wanted a passport.

But only one of our crew had brought there passport which was Kate we was realy disappointed as i wanted to meet Lorain but we thought what’s the point it was dead anyway they have just lost nine food orders plus several rounds of drinks so there loss. We went back to the boats while having a pit stop at the public toilets which were a godsend once we reached the moorings Brian was first on the boat so we said you take the lead we had reached Jewel went i noticed Brian setting off so we all got boarded Dave(dad) stayed on the bank when we got in the saloon i told Daffyd to push the canopy while i winched it down once it was down Brian had just passed us.

I started Jewel up Dave(dad) untied the bow first then the stern gave me a push off i reversed out of the mooring span the boat around within 30s i was behind Brian we had a nice cruise up to howhill. Then over Barton Broad where i opened jewel up to 2000RPM then reaching the other side of Barton backed off down to 1600RPM we had a nice cruise up to Sutton I took Jewel down the dyke on tick over it was packed. I went to the bottom where here was around 42ft of mooring which i was able to get Jewel alongside the bank without disturbing the Alpha behind up there was a couple feet sticking out of the front & inches from the bow of the alpha to Jewel’s stern.

I took the bow line Dad took the stern rope at the point it was raining not for long old about 10mins so tied off Jewel then as Brian swung round we walked up to the other spot were Brian was going to give him a hand we got him on with about a foot sticking out. Not long after we moored up we all went into the Sutton staithe we went in to the games room sat down on the sofa had a look at the menu me & daffyd had the chicken & leak pie Dave(dad) had 9oz gammon so did Katie Jack had a curry Emma & Sarah had stake & ale pie which accompanied four rounds of drinks. For the first time on this trip we decided to have a sweet which was all had but Dave(dad) opted out realy nice it was we all had chosen choc nickabocka me Daffyd Sarah Kate & Brian had a few rounds of pool all in all the food was fantastic money well spent including the main sweet & drinks it came to £110 which we though was a good price for a wicked night out.

We all headed back to the boat as it was 22:40 Dave(dad) had taken a bottle of whisky & went over to Brian on Lady Linda they both had a couple of drink to help them both on the way to the land of knod. Once back on the boat everybody decided to go to bed as they were knackered i turned on the inverter & the tv had a little browse on tv but nothing on so yet again i put harry potter on. As i went back in to the galley Dave(dad) came in through the patio door with bottle in hand & said he was going straight to bed i went in to the spare room to get my bedding put the curtains up & pulled out the bed.

Once my bed was made i picked up my glass off the dash from a previous drink of coke went back in to the galley made a cheese & brown sauce sandwich & to go with it a nice glass of coke plenty of ice. Went back in to the saloon with drink & my sandwich placed it down at the side of my bed picked up my cigs from the side of the tv went outside for a smoke before hitting the sack. Once i had finished i went back in to the saloon while switching the lights off on my way i got undressed got in to bed while watching Harry Potter i finished my sandwich & drinking my coke around 40 mins later i turned off the inverter & tv & dozed off.

Photo's to Follow

• 3 weeks later...

Tuesday 5th

An early rise this morning as were off to Yarmouth so me & Dave(dad) are up first i put away the bed put the bedding in the spare room take down the curtains went in to the galley to get my rag & a bottle of water. Back in to the saloon lift up the engine bay hatch did my engine checks everything is fine back out close the hatch went back in the galley to put the rag & bottle back where it came from.

Back up in to the saloon picked up my cigs & lighter off the dash & my glass from the side of the sofa again you couldn’t fault it clear skies even for an early morning you could feel the heat from the sun. So i make a nice spot in the stern well spark up a smoke & relaxed as i did everybody started to emerged from the pits Sarah soon followed suit & sparked a cig up her self.

Once i had finished my cig i went in to the galley gleaned out my glass & poured myself a coke with plenty of ice we were ready to leave so me & Dave(dad) took a walk over to Lady Linda to see how Brian was feeling. He was up smoking a cig on the flybridge as he doesn’t smoke inside we had a quick chat he was going to stay a while at Sutton as he was in no rush to get back to Richardson’s.

So we said our good byes but not for long as we always see each other so once we reached thee boat i asked daffyd to winch the canopy while i pushed 30s later it was down. I made shure jewel was out of gear a few revs eight seconds of heat & that sound from the exhaust makes you want to fall in love. I untied the bow line i was about to push off when i noticed a royals Alpha come down & watch it for the next ten minuets struggle trying to turn the small 34 footer around.

Not long after it finally managed to turn it around now my turn there were a few engineers at Sutton staithe boatyard watching & two private boats moored the awaiting fuel. Now i know i am good but these fella’s looked in shock i use a little more throttle than most to swing the backside around as jewel is a big boat i swing jewel around in max 40s and the place was pack as we left i gave a little smile lol.

So on our way to Richardson’s not meny boats on the water just a nice gently cruise the rest of the crew had some breakfast i just had my coke. We reached Richardson’s at 10:30 quickly packed our stuff as we were off to the big swim centre at Yarmouth. Daffyd dint feel like it so stayed on the boat getting some shut eye so we winched the canopy up Dave(dad) went to get the car.

Two mins later everyone was in the car with all there gear as we reached the gates i noticed Clive’s love coach parked up so i though a nice photo opportunity so i thought ill get a couple on the way back. It was an ok trip not something i like but it was ok we reached the sports centre at 11:45 we booked our swims i took jack while emms Sarah & Kate went there way.

Once we reached the pool it was busy a nice deep pool slide was out of action but the wave machine worked a realy deep area at the far end of the pool which staked no diving i was realy disappointed i am a big fella but can dive with the best of them but make my self known each time lol.

It came to 13:30 so we though we better get out as time would go much faster one on the sea front so Dave(dad) waited in reception while i took jack in the men’s & the women went there way. Me & jack were first to come out at 13:50 that included a long shower getting dried changed &putting away out wet clothes.

We sat we Dave(dad) at the reception it hit 14:20 & they were still in the changing room i though i could have built a boat at this rate not long after 14:30 they came though the main door to our clapping & what took you so long. They sat down with us we all had a hot chocolate which we all realy enjoyed 14:45 we put all the stuff in the car & looked for a cash machine.

We walked for half a mile on the sea font & dint find one we went down a side road asked a couple members of the public its only down the street for two mins keep walking asked another person nope your going the wrong way you have to go a further mile & half back way we came. We came across a post office £1.50 to get cash out Dave(dad) lets keep going i couldn’t take it use the sodding machine & ill pay you back each the bloody £1.50 with a pint each when we next hit a pub.

That sealed the deal i new it was a loosing battle but i wasn’t going to walk all over for no bank. We walked around spend loads of time with the 2p machines again there just so much fun. While were there we spot a KFC so we decided to have lunch while they all were eating i was still at the 2p machines. Not long after Dave(dad) finds me & take a seat with the rest of them munching away at there food boy did it taste good.

While i am stiff eating they all spot mini ten pin bowling so off they go while i finish off my food once its gone i let them know i am off to the 2p machines again not long after Dave(dad) comes over & says we better make a move as its getting on 1600 so while Dave(Dad) went to get the car. I crossed everyone over the street to the toilets where there was a car park Kate went over to a drink stand & went mad. We had two bags of candy floss two bags of donuts a toffee dummy & just managing to hold a large hot chocolate with cream & marsh mellows **** drops on the floor while getting in to the car.

We wasn’t happy as we asked if she would like any help & she said no she would be fine but she ovistly did. But we decided to stay for at least another hour but but go to the little theme park down the road i went straight in to the arcades & in search of the 2p machines not as fun as the others but still had a little fun while the rest of them went on the side not long after i find them & take a few photo's We make our move as its now 1730 so we stop off at Asda at Yarmouth while Dave(Dad) nipped in to get some shopping.

Once Dave(dad) gets back we head back to the boat while we all end up chatting about today we get back to Richardson’s at 1900 where the gates were locked up as we moor there no problem i get my camera ready to take some photo’s of Clive’s love coach but was disappointed when i noticed it had gone.

But then we notice the fire brigade there with there light flashing near where jewel is moored & me & Dave(dad) look at each other & thought this doesn’t look good. But once we passed the fire engine all the crew were at the back & realised it was a training exercise. Which we though was very good off Clive to offer his yard so those lads can do some training as there are few places they can.

So we pulled up behind jewel daffyd had awoke when he heard the car pull up i helped everybody aboard i passed the gear & shopping down to save time while Dave(dad) parked up the car i got Daffyd to winch down the canopy while i pushed we had to wait five mins while Dave(dad) went to loo. So i took the chance to take a few snaps of the lads training not long after Dave(dad) came out & said rite you ready for the off yep i am if you are.

So while he untied the stern ropes i went to the bow to lift up the mud weight went back to the helm out of gear little revs eight seconds again ahh magic. Once the stern lines were untied we were on our way we were losing light fast so we had decided to moor up at Ludham bridge or st bennets we came to Barton broad where i opened jewel up to 1800rpm & it was magic i don’t want it to end.

But we was approaching the end of Barton Broad so i backed jewel down to 1500 while Dave(dad) was in the galley preparing food unknown to emma that we were going to have a small party as she proposed to Daffyd not telling any as it one min in to new year’s Day on Dave(dad) birthday So we decided to do something instead.

As we approach how hill there is a spot where i can squise jewel in we was thinking we could make it to Ludham Bridge or st Bennets but run the risk of being no moorings so we played it safe there was only about twenty mins of light left so i swung jewel in. Nice & smooth side on along the bank we both stepped off no jumping ect when i am at the helm lol i tied up the bow line Dave(dad) had the stern line I went back in to the saloon winched up the canopy & sorted out the tv for later.

Once the food was ready emma just though we was having burgers for tea so i sorted out the table me & Sarah put all the food on the table & the sauces ect quietly as Daffyd & Emms were lying down in there cabin. The only thing that was left was to get the glasses which i did while everybody sat down but when they both sat down & realised what we had done she broke down & went soppy which was good to see as she dint have to worry about UNI work.

While everybody tucked in it was a nice little family thing no getting hammered in the pub large crowds of family members like most do just nice small simple & good fun. Once all the food had gone & all the wine & beer everybody said good night as there were all knackered after to do which was good to see.

I was the last one up so put up my curtains pulled out the bed got my bedding from the spare room once done i went in to the galley to wash up the pots so it wasn’t left to anybody in the morning. Once done i made my self a small sandwich & a large glass of coke with plenty of ice once done i went in to the saloon where i put my glass & sandwich next to my bed while I picked up my cigs from the side of the tv went out in to the stern well & sparked a cig up.

While i was thinking to my self & looking though the Richardson’s for sales list i picked up on the Saturday morning the start of our holiday i spent the next twenty five mins looking at the boats when i couldn’t bare it any longer i went back in to the saloon. Turned on the inverter & TV climed in to bed had a browse on tv but nothing on so i stuck Harry Potter back on.

While watching Harry Potter i tucked in to my sandwich one i had finished i took my time drinking my coke with every small sip being nice & cold i was down to the last bit in my glass so i looked at my mobile to check the time & it was approaching 0130 so i swigged down the last of my coke put the glass on the floor & went to sleep

Photo's to follow

Jonny,

just curious, but did you ever finish watching Harry Potter ????

Andy

Hi Andy

yes once in the whole two week trip most times it was just watching 20mins here & there while i was in bed as there was nothing on tv.

• 1 month later...

Wednesday 6th

I awoke to the sun beaming through the curtains again i do what i normally do firth thing that’s open the windows as i don’t like to be all that warm. Had a look at my mobile it was 09:30 so i quickly got up as we have a packed day ahead i put away my bedding put away the bed took down the curtains it was a little cloudy a nice breeze today. So i picked up my cigs from the side of the tv picked up my glass off the floor went into the galley put the kettle on for the rest of the crew poured myself a glass of coke with plenty of ice.

I pulled back the curtain leading out in to the well & still there was that stunning Horizon i lit up a cig while thinking & pondering over those sexy lines then i got a good morning from Dave(dad) & Sarah she lit a cig up & i went in to the galley to make a cuppa for everyone. Then all the crew one by one started to awake so while they were getting ready i went in to the saloon pulled up the engine bay hatch & did my engine checks. Once complete i put the table up where Emma Daffyd Kate & Jack were sitting i went back in to the galley to finished making the cups of tea & coffee Sarah went in to the saloon while Dave(dad) was making breakfast i went in to the saloon with the tea’s & coffee’s.

While i was in the saloon i looked at what time it was 10:30 so i made shure Jewel was out of gear few revs seven seconds of heat she turned over straight away. I went in to the galley where Dave(dad) was making breakfast as the tide was going out i untied the stern rope & gently pushed her off then to the bow line which was untied I stepped on went back in to the galley. Picked up my chilling glass of coke i make earlier went up in the saloon turned on the radio t kissfm got comfy in my helm seat. The put her in reverse which then straightened the bow up for me to put her in forward on tick over for me to manovered forwards Daffyd said how do you do that on your own with such a big boats being on your own it doesn’t matter if you have a 10ft or a 50ft boats its all the same.

As we past how hill the moorings were still full up then Dave(dad) came through with breakfast which went in no time then Dave(dad) came back to me with a bacon bap which he made earlier which was nice & crispy & the mushroom were so soft melt in the mouth. Once it got devoured we were approaching Ludham bridge so i got kate to open the canopy windows & Jack to winch the canopy down when the canopy was fully down the gauge was reading 8ft 6inch plenty of room with the window screen up. Plenty of room as we go through around a foot either side of the boat as we were going through the crew were shouting ECHO!!! Thinking it was a tunnel lol a pretty smooth run down to down the Ant we reached the end of the Ant just turning on to the Bure.

Chilling out to kissfm i then got Kate & Jack shouting turn it up turn it up why were chilling out ok then why not so about five mins later we got everyone in the saloon/cockpit dancing to girls aloud apart from the captain of course as he has to concentrate lol. We approached the turning for Ranworth the BA were still doing there dredging we felt a little rain & the sun had gone in as we had a little cloudy above us so I got Daffyd to winch up the canopy leaving windows open we got to Ranworth broad & i noticed all the moorings were taken.

So with the wind blowing i kept her straight ten mins later still nobody moving & we started to get a little rain so Dave(dad) suggested putting the mud weight down so he went outside chucked in the mud weight Watching boats coming in looking to moor i am thinking yer right mate form a line still waiting i decided to chill out so i put on nickelback never again. I sparked up a cig the crew shouting TURN IT UP so i have to keep the crew happy so it went up a little bass why not then i noticed a boating coming out so Dave(dad) bring up the mud weight.

More To Follow

continued

Then a privately owned Caribbean was approaching not far behind then i noticed him speed up & making a beeline for that spot so out of gear full throttle & started her up man that sounds good chucked her in to gear. So i waited for Dave(dad) to get back in the boat come on hurry up then opened her up then the guy in the Caribbean cut me up i was so P****D!!! Wasn’t going to report him i decided to show him how its done.

I slowed down then under took him as he was taking the easy approach with the wind helping him as i came up beside him all i got was dirty looks even though i was here first he was taking his time to swing round i came in to the wind. Full throttle hard right to swing her big backside around i had drawn a crowed around twenty seconds later we were all moored up & the public still stareing at me lol.

We were moored up it was 12:30 so while i took the crew up to see Ranworth church Dave(dad) opted to clean the boat as he was still recovering from last nights little party i noticed the Maltsters was still shut we walked up the roads crossing over we saw a nice white horse a little timed but very nice. Not long now two mins up the hill we arrived we went inside i said i am not going up the in the tower & Daffyd straight after said me neither so while they went up i looked at the board uneven stairs no thank you ladders no way a trap door not on your nelly.

So why they went up I took some photo’s me & Daffyd then went outside to see how far up they were we could hear them but couldn’t see where they were then crash we & Daffyd looked at each other & said somebody’s kicked or walked in to the ladder lol so we knew how far u they were. Hoping to get a shot of them leaning over the top the were only facing the wrong side so as they were coming down i thought about eating the apple i put in my pocket incase hunger set in then out of nowhere it sounded like a chopper was approaching fast.

I looked around & saw two apache gun ships i got my camera ready but dint have the zoom so i missed out on a good shot. They were nearly down so me & Daffyd went back inside to collect them as we got in to the main hall the hit the last step one by one the hit the ground floor we took one photo’s together apart from me as who want to look at me lol i looked at my phone it was approaching 14:00 we had to leave for wroxham as we needed to be there for 18:00. So we headed for the boat back down the hill before we went i wanted to see if i could get close enough to the horse to let me stoke him/her be wasn’t keep until i he saw the apple in my hand so as he was approaching i took a nice shot.

He came over right close so before i gave him the apple i got everyone of our crew to stroke him/her which Jack had neva done which hit me hard he gave me a hug & a thank you but this is what the broads is all i about new experiences i said. I gave him/her the apple to say thank you which went down hole we turned around to head back to the boat not long later five mins we were at the boat Dave(dad) was just loading the stuff back on the boat. I helped everyone back on the boat Dave(dad) have we topped up with water yep all done I went in to the saloon turned on nickelback never again paused it while i made shure Jewel was out of gear few revs five on heat & away she purred.

I went back in to the galley poured myself a glass coke with plenty of ice rite Dave(dad) are we ready for the off yep ill untie the stern lines rite ok i went back in to the saloon got comfy sparked a menthol up rite son Dave(dad) yelled so i put Jewel in gear plenty of room either side & away we were over Ranworth broad where that privately owned Caribbean was mud weighted as i went past he lifted up the bow when i noticed his eyes dart over this way i said to my self that’s what you get for not waiting your turn.

As we approached the BA dredger I got Emma asking will we make wroxham for 18:00 yer course no worries but i said you better get showers on the way we had a nice cruise to Horning where all the moorings were taken it was not getting on for 16:00. Rite Emms now’s the time for you lot to get showers as were half way so they all scuttled off to there cabins while Dave(dad) fell asleep on the sofa I saw a few nice boats while on our way to Salhouse but thinking i would be happy with a family boat.

swearing in the vid if you dont wish to listen dont click PLAY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLt_OXWHUG4

We just passed wroxham broad show i backed off from 1600 to tick over everyone was in the master cabin all dressed up having a cheeky beer so i told them were approaching wroxham what time is it Emma said 17:20 your cutting it fine aren’t you no plenty of time we decided to make it easer on them & decided to moor in faircraft yard. We took the last mooring next to the little shed moored next to one of Richo’s Ibiza’s very nice boats ten mins later the boogie night boat vintage broadsman was getting loaded with staff then her twin engines blew into life rite you lot are you ready.

Yep they all shouted rite left get you over there then while we were waiting i got a couple of shots in they were ready to start loafing people on aboard so we said our good byes we hand around for five mins & noticed Jack & Daffyd went straight to the bar lol. So we left them to it & went back to the boat to lock up as were going to the bridge Inn as we approached Jewel i noticed a king Charles on the Richo’s Ibiza so i went over said hi was besotted with the bog after meeting Merc (Jupiter’s mist companion) so for the next forty mins i couldn’t tare my self away.

Not long after Dave(dad) says rite are you ready yer give me a couple of mins while i lockup & make shure everything is ok which i did then one getting back outside i noticed Dave(dad) playing with the king Charles. Rite come on then were off before we went to the bridge inn we went to the fish place on the side where the laundrette is & the menu was fantastic but they dint do takeouts which i thought was a little of a let down. So we walked over the bridge through the little market & into the pub I got a bulmers & got Ale I got this round then Dave(dad) got the next for me there were a few in there a nice pub but there was not atmosphere plus it felt like a pub for the snobs & not for the general public.

So once we finished we went to have a look at the charity shop in the little market place i spotted a dragon in the window i thought ill have that on our way home so were feeling a little hungry so we went to the Chinese chippy on the other side of the road it was packed. We had a look at the menu & orders a special show mail with egg fried rise & headed back to the boat on route we stopped to see if the chap fishing had anything but nothing but bits.

So continued on our way back to jewel I unlocked the door while Dave(dad) went along the walkway to get the Arial sorted out so i turned on the inverter then the tv hay presto not a good reception but watchable. Rite Dave(dad) that will do you shure yep come on in i went in to the galley to get a couple of plates & folks Dave(dad) had a bitter I had a coke with plenty of ice we sat down watching tv Dave(dad) would you like me to dish it out son yer go for it then smell as soon as he opened it YUMMY they weren’t shy with the pourshens neither which was good we dug in & it was superb food like this should only be eater by gods i wanted moor as i love my chow mains don’t get them very often but when we do man there good.

Once it was devoured i went outside for a smoke & looked at the stars while chilling out one finished i went back inside chilled out with Dave(dad) watching tv went he said i am going out for an hour to do a little fishing. What time are they back about 22:30 ok about forty five mins that will do she shouted i go comfy again on the sofa he time seamed to go like realy quick rite there coming in he shouted . ok ill get my camera while waiting the broadsman to moor i took a couple of photo’s but i thought there would be enough light not to use the flash but they came out a little blurred five mins later the passenger were disembarking our crew were last & we woundered why.

As they started to walk on the ground we noticed there were all totally plastered we took them back to the boat when we all got sat down Emma shouted who’s bloody hungry a mille second later they all shouted YES!!!! Rite ok so Emma & Dave(dad) went to the Chinese chippy we went to but we dint tell them that while i was on the boat i stuck the kettle on for everyone coffee & tea were maid everybody had a drink i said they not back yet nope said Jack then the patio door went speak of the devils.

They came back with half of the chippy fish & chips all round prawn crackers sausages pies as they were closing they did a deal with the owner as they had things left that they said they were throwing away so with a big hungry crew the stuck a deal with the owner win win all round we all dug in i went in to the galley to make a huge plate of bread & butter for everyone. It was great everyone was happy we had friends who were enjoying them selves for the first time on the broads & we got to spend time with the family which we don’t often get.

So not long after they all started pealing off to bed one by one i got left with they food that couldn’t be eaten which dint go to waste Sarah had a cig before going to bed i washed the pots washed & cleared the table. Made my self a glass of coke with plenty of ice went back in to the galley put up the curtains pulled out the bed went to get my bedding five mins later my bed was ready & i could wait to get in so i picked up my cigs off the dash & went for a smoke before bed feeling knackered. I was ready for my bed i went in shut the patio door shut the curtain went back in to the saloon put on Simpsons the movie got through about twenty mins of the movie & felt my eyes going so i sipped the last of my chilled coke turned of the inverter & tv i couldn’t believe how snug this bedding is not long after i was asleep.

If anybody is in wroxham you don’t want to miss out the Chinese chippy on the other side of Wroxham Bridge your missing something special if you do.

Photo's to follow

Sorry for this taking so long I have had to help out with an international goalball even doing airport runs helping out we have had player coaches & refs coming from all over the work Canada USA Egypt Germany Belgium just to name a few & being at Manchester airport for more than 13 hours running from terminal to terminal as they have three loading people in to the mini bus it was chaos but glad its over with.

So please forgive me for the delay.

Jonny

post-75-136713603972_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713604097_thumb.jpg

post-75-13671360421_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713604319_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713604973_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713605084_thumb.jpg