Beers You Have Tried

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Oh he knows JA, he knows.!  We have to get our jollies where we can.

Ah yes MM I had forgotten that Cobra 0% I thinkTimbo has described it pretty well, it most certainly would not be enjoyed with a curry!:norty: However, perhaps warmed up, in a tub, it could be used to wash his socks!:naughty:

cheersIain

Norfolk Nog - had to stop off at Acle Bridge yesterday to recover from a hard day scrubbing so I tried the Reedlighter for you. Light and refreshing - think hoppier Ghost Ship. Slight haze in the glass but not as murky as Adnams was back in the day. Good session beer I reckon but a bit sharp for Mrs Stumpy - she prefers Doom Bar!

• Like 1

Hi Andy

Sorry for the delay in replying. Many thanks for the heads up on the Reedlighter cheersbar it souunds vey much to my taste,  I was hopng that it wouuld be hoppy. Great stuff. I think that the new head brewer likes hops wheras the old one (ex Bass) didn't believe in them. Knowing Phil it would be kept on top form too. 

I know some folks do like Doombar as it's not hoppy, so if Mrs S wasn't keen that could actually be a good sign! After all the great thing with beers is we can all like different things cheersbar

Thanks again for thinking of me and I'm even more keen to try it now! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 2:12 PM, NorfolkNog said:

...or more a beer I haven't tried but would very much like to. It looks as if Belinda Jennings, Woodfordes new Head Brewer, is making her mark already. Hopefully this should have a lot more flavour than Woodfordes standard offerings. I'd be very interested to hear any feedback as sadly it could be a while until I get to try it :cry

cheersbar

IMG_20160310_140958.jpg

Hi Howard,

This is the beer of the month at The Fur & Feather.....

Visited last week had a Bure Gold and the Reedlighter (very nice)

cheersbar

• Like 1

Hi Geoff

Glad you enjoyed some fine Ales! I'm itching to try the Reedlighter but I'm afraid unless any finds it's way up the land of ferrets and flat caps it might be a while yet. Word on the streets suggests that all the beers have improved since Belinda Jennings took over. Sorry there was no Headcracker though, fine stuff. 

The beer in Wayford doesn't ring any bells I'm afraid. There's so many now it's hard to keep up. The beer at Wayford has been pretty pedestrian in the past so maybe the new owners have improved the beer choice too cheersbar

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Hi Geoff

Glad you enjoyed some fine Ales! I'm itching to try the Reedlighter but I'm afraid unless any finds it's way up the land of ferrets and flat caps it might be a while yet. Word on the streets suggests that all the beers have improved since Belinda Jennings took over. Sorry there was no Headcracker though, fine stuff. 

The beer in Wayford doesn't ring any bells I'm afraid. There's so many now it's hard to keep up. The beer at Wayford has been pretty pedestrian in the past so maybe the new owners have improved the beer choice too cheersbar

Hi Mr Nog,

While in the shop the lady behind counter said that the head cracker would be ready and bottled by mid April...

And if I wanted I could order it online for delivery

Maybe the Reedlighter will be the same, and you could order some......

But like any beer on mail order (from bottles,) it might not taste as good as from the pump

cheersbar

• Like 1

Thanks Geoff, good suggestion, that may be an option but as you say the draught version if preferable (if you can get it of course). Woodfordes does occasionally find its way up to our manor as I guess they are on the big pubco's lists. Hopefullly we may manage a few days in Norwich when Mrs Nog is up and about again! cheersbar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadScot said:

Was in a pub in Troon years ago, and had to laugh at a guest beer called 'What the Foxes Hat' sadly the taste did not match its catchy name, it was at best average, but in truth far too sweet!

cheersIain

Had this in a pub in Coleshill near Birmingham years ago, it wasn't too bad a pint there if I remember rightly.

not heard of it since

Yep, based in Warwickshire - they certainly like whacky names eg Gravedigger Ale, Vicars Ruin and Stout Coffin. I will look out for them with interest :grin:

Dave - I like your fridge - a most eclectic mix cheersbar I'm afraid I'm not very up to speed on the continental beers but the Blue Monkey and Humpty Dumpty caught my eye, magic stuff. I think Blue Monkey not a million miles from your Manor? Superb stuff cheers

• Like 1

On 03/03/2016 at 9:48 AM, Jbx5 said:

Having always been a lager lout I have recently started to try the lighter  IPA type beers that's seem to be getting more common.  My favourites at the moment are Adnams Ghost ship and Redwells Steam lager which is more of a beer than a lager and defiantly worth a try and found in the best pub on the broads at the moment White horse Neatishead.

Regards John

Had a bottle of Adnams Ghostship this evening...fantastic hoppy strong grapefruit flavour...so good I had another two. Definitely a beer that will be found chilled in RT's new fridge!