Bridge Heights?!

10 minutes ago, diesel falcon said:

The figure is calculated from Gorlston bar,which is a sea tide and not an inland tide, BA ,also use Gorleston bar,

take 12th sat , Ba , chart says -38 org site says .42m, the minus indicates below "mean" value, so it,s only ,04 of a metre different 1.57inches (a just of wind!!)

Hi, Thanks for the response but I still do not think it adds up(to me anyway). If you take Mon 14th March .org site says 0.89 and BA say 0.00. Is that not a difference of nearly 3ft?

21 minutes ago, diesel falcon said:

The figure is calculated from Gorlston bar,which is a sea tide and not an inland tide, BA ,also use Gorleston bar,

take 12th sat , Ba , chart says -3.8. org site says .42m, the minus indicates below "mean" value, so it,s only ,04 of a metre different 1.57inches (a gust of wind!!)

What :norty:

15 minutes ago, Brundall1037 said:

Hi, Thanks for the response but I still do not think it adds up(to me anyway). If you take Mon 14th March .org site says 0.89 and BA say 0.00. Is that not a difference of nearly 3ft?

no that,s 0.00 which is mean 1meter at gorleston bar so it,s 1.00 -.89 =.11 =4.3 inches, it,s not an exact science only a prediction depends how many decimal points !!

37 minutes ago, diesel falcon said:

no that,s 0.00 which is mean 1meter at gorleston bar so it,s 1.00 -.89 =.11 =4.3 inches, it,s not an exact science only a prediction depends how many decimal points !!

Ok Thanks. That makes a bit more sense but I thought they would have been both using the same data just with different reference points, obviously not as simple as that.

13 hours ago, Brundall1037 said:

Ok Thanks. That makes a bit more sense but I thought they would have been both using the same data just with different reference points, obviously not as simple as that.

Hi Jon,

For our boat heights use the BA chart, it does give the low water levels and that is what we use to pass through Yarmouth.

Regards

Alan

19 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Jon,

For our boat heights use the BA chart, it does give the low water levels and that is what we use to pass through Yarmouth.

Regards

Alan

Yes, that is what I use along with http://www.eastportuk.co.uk/Tidal_Chart.aspx This gives a good indication if the predictions are going to plan as well. Only any good though just before setting off

I've just been talking to breydon bridge about haven clearance for easter weekend, they recon 2.6m headroom at HW on a 2.4m tide with 1.7m range, so using the rule of 12th's you should get 11' under from 3 hours after HW to 3 hours before HW, ok there's 2 draining rivers so the 12th's rule doesn't fully work as it does on open water so add 1/2 hour for a bit of extra safety, tides can easily be 1/2 hour late or early with the weather and the predicted height can be screwed up by weather too so that can mess you up as well.

I hope to get snowbird under an hour after HW with radar arch down with a bit of room to spare for a good play and shakedown run on the saturday of easter weekend if the weather is good, and if nothing falls do it again on the sunday.

If you have easter plans don't forget bst will throw sat and sun times an hour apart.

Sadly we let this boat go as talking with the seller he admitted that the next realistic time we can get the boat out the system is June.. :huh: and on a lorry it wouldn't offer a respectable safety margin as it would be about 16feet high.  Plus we want a boat we can get through the french canals and if we are having problems with the broads I suspect this would rule the french canals out. The boat we brought in the end is thankfully seaward side of any bridges and everything will collapse to give only 9ft :) perfect.  Grace hopefully I'll do "An adventures of .." ;) 

Although this was still an interesting discussion and hopefully has helped others. I'm sure we will bring our new boat to the broads one day.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LeoMagill said:

Well come on then, what is it?

:) Broom Crown 37.. (Number 3) ;) I'll get some pictures. We haven't completed yet so don't want to count my chickens though (But it should all happen). She's being surveyed tomorrow.. Sea trial is Saturday (all being well), take her over easter weekend/weekend after depending on funds clearing. 

3 minutes ago, Gracie said:

"Grace hopefully I'll do an 'Adventures of'"...... You most certainly better had, Jaws, you know I will nag you until you do :naughty: So best get a move on, hadn't you? ;)

Grace :kiss

:) Certainly will lol.. cheers 

• Like 3