Boaty Mcboatface

Timbo

That's democracy for you,  

You might not like the result every time but at least we get to change our minds every few years. 

I like boaty-mcboatface. :lol:

If you ask ask a sample of the population a question,  15 % wont understand the question let alone know the answer. :mad:

• 4 weeks later...

Well apparently Boaty McBoatFace won the voting by a huge length.

Of course it's a bit like the Brexit vote though in that they don't have to go with that and it's down to someone to decide on a sensible name now.

The guy on the radio this morning had a point though, if they did go with that name there are thousands of people who might be inclined to follow it's progress:facepalm:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smellyloo said:

bravo oscar alpha tango yankee mike charlie bravo alpha tango foxtrot alfa charlie echo .....

whiskey hotel alpha tango      alpha      lima osca alpha delta   oscar foxtrot       foxtrot umbrella november

cheers

"Celebration of the seas" Cruise ship... 

(Are most radio operators juniors?)  

10 minutes ago, smellyloo said:

bravo oscar alpha tango yankee mike charlie bravo alpha tango foxtrot alfa charlie echo .....

Insert another oscar between bravo and alpha.

Reminds me of when the Admiral Far East Fleet arrived in Hong Kong aboard his flagship. He, and the ship, used a local Chinese laundry service and soon after the ship anchored, the lady owner of the washing service was waiting on the dock, to go aboard and take orders.

A signal was sent to the flagship from the port signal station :

"Please send boat for admiral's woman".

This was followed by a second signal : "Insert washer between admiral and woman".

• Like 5

If you ask the world and his wife what they think you should call your very serious boat, don't be too surprised if you get a silly answer... The world of social media has done for that kind of thing... I find it all good fun though... My dog is now Barky McBarkface...

• Like 2

Toby and Dylan the beagles get called a variety of names. At the minute, due to his ever increasing greed, Dylan or Dylly as I call him is referred to as Dylly the Hut, while Toby is Toby Wan kenobi. My other half has an annoying habit of referring to Dylan as...BRACE YOURSELF MODS...Ahem, Dyldo. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Insert another oscar between bravo and alpha.

Reminds me of when the Admiral Far East Fleet arrived in Hong Kong aboard his flagship. He, and the ship, used a local Chinese laundry service and soon after the ship anchored, the lady owner of the washing service was waiting on the dock, to go aboard and take orders.

A signal was sent to the flagship from the port signal station :

"Please send boat for admiral's woman".

This was followed by a second signal : "Insert washer between admiral and woman".

Normal practice, where nuts are involved.

27 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Toby and Dylan the beagles get called a variety of names. At the minute, due to his ever increasing greed, Dylan or Dylly as I call him is referred to as Dylly the Hut, while Toby is Toby Wan kenobi. My other half has an annoying habit of referring to Dylan as...BRACE YOURSELF MODS...Ahem, Dyldo. 

For heavens sakes don't allow Dyldo to plug himself into the mains, could lead to a nasty injury!