Wroxham Boat Auction

So who organises this for the middle of the week?

Surely, if you have an auction, then you want as many people there as possible?

The more people to bid against each other, the more an item makes and the more the auctioneer makes.

Or am I missing something? Never made due to it being in the middle of the week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

The more people to bid against each other, the more an item makes and the more the auctioneer makes.

Or am I missing something? Never made due to it being in the middle of the week.

I've only been to 1 auction last April but it seemed 90% of people were there to make money from selling the items on. Most items can be found on ebay or gumtree the next day.

The bonus of this is private buyers like me get the items cheap as we have no plans to sell on so can afford to spend a little more to start with.

Branden

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The monthly Woods Dyke boat auctions at Horning were always held on Thursdays, apart from the last one of each year.

Quite a few household item provincial auctions are still held on weekdays too.

In Norfolk, they probably get a good turnout of the high percentage of wrinklies like me, as well as the trade.

I still miss the Horning auctions, Ray's quips, the jumbo sausage roll, and coming away with yet more treasured junk for the shed...... :)

1 hour ago, MBA Marine said:

Anchors?? are you taking your Dandy coastal?

I wish :D but no I'm cutting half off some to turn into rhond anchors. The other ones will be "foliage anchors" where i throw it into whatever lines the land around the broads if I need to wild moor in emergencies.

Edited by brandenjg
To clarify the anchors use into land
  • Like 1

Went to the boat auction. was interested in a couple of outboards but had to be away before they reached them.. Used to split sale so you knew what time different items would be sold but just went through lot numbers. Probably done so people stayed until the end of the auction. Keep the best till last.

• 2 weeks later...

Not Wroxham,but visited The Showground yesterday.pleased to see a return to  " boat jumble as aposed to a lot of trade stands who seemed to have matched prices .Do like rummaging through the boxes for some boating bargains that usually join the pile of Tresures in the shed to be used at a later date.! Nice morning out met a few friends and spent a few pennies,next one Museum of the Broads I think.:dance

• Like 1