Spring

RayandCarole

Well after a dull drab day in Brundall as soon as the sun goes down the clouds disappear and it turns into a lovely but cool evening. A very dirty Tangara at the cottage mooring looking very small at low tide, cleaning starts tomorrow :blush::blush:image.thumb.jpeg.5af9af32b37cc34bbb6e00f

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

cheers

Ray & Carole

• Like 4

I was wondering when we were going to get some photos and I thought work was meant to start today lol, too much caviar and G & T's I wouldn't wonder :rolleyes: Seriously, hope it goes well (when you finally get started :naughty:)

Hope Carole is well also :kiss

Grace

• Like 1

Well Grace, arrived here Saturday afternoon, Sunday was chill day, today recommission engine, take off winter mooring lines and fit normal lines, move boat from Bells to the cottage, a few little jobbies inside this afternoon, and fitted the NBN BURGEE (top priority) so not a wasted day :angel:

tomorrow Cromer hospital for Caroles gastro consultant, Wednesday boat work all day apart from conferance call with boss in afternoon :rolleyes: Thursday Caroles appointment with rheumatology consultant at NNUH and now son is threatening to visit over easter with new grandson :shocked so seems its going to be a bit of a struggle getting the jobs done, any way we are here for 2 weeks so fingers crossed.

at least Carole managed to get out and help me moor up :party::party:

cheers

Ray & Carole

• Like 4

2 hours ago, imtamping2 said:

Aha all good then Ray...... does this mean your going to be a bit of a scrubber for to weeks....:shocked

Tony

Tony, I was going to summat similar, but thought better of it, having heard from a very good source that Ray has a Black Belt in Ludo!:naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Ludo? - Ludo?

Sigh - Whatever next?  when afloat it is correctly referred to as 'Uckers' - and yes I have a fully operational 'Uckers' system (google it)

Griff

My Dad has an "Uckers" board, and we used to play it a lot, with its rules that are just a little different than Ludo, so you can block an opponents progress around the board - (its been a while since I played it). My dads board is a homemade affair painted onto Hardboard, and dates from the time he was in the navy (1950's) before I was born.

Mines a home made affair too, I made it for use onboard HMS Explorer and still have it,  We are in the process of making two more for use during our Lads Week and will educate the civvy's and Brylcream boys how to play it proper like.  And it's VERY different from Ludo!

Griff

Just googled the rules of "Uckers". It looks evil.:twisted:

We have been watching HMS Raleigh too and have found it very interesting. A lot of the kids that struggled seemed to be very young and immature. Did feel a bit sorry for the chap last night though, but I think a lesson was learned that he won't forget in a hurry.

cheers

Steve

I think they had little choice, not only had the reason for phone rules been made clear, but there were too many eyes on the situation, the recruits' and of course ours. 

They gave him a way back, and that sounded a standard procedure. My betting is that he would be class leader next time round, lesson learned.