Our Faithful Friends

Labrador

My last post started me thinking, which is pretty amazing! Through loads of threads we see pics of members dogs, but I don't think there is a thread dedicated to our friends. These are mine, Meg - chocolate, Oyster - black and new addition Tia. 11, 10.1/2 and 6 respectively. All taken down the pub, sensible girls.

IMG_20160228_173332 (1).jpg

IMG_20160320_125908.jpg

IMG_20160221_180953.jpg

• Like 8

This is my cat paddy. Does he count?

He's the coolest , toughest, friendliest cat in the neighbourhood. He's pretty famous about these parts actually.

He's been known to follow me to the pub. 

Hope the picture works. Techys not my thing !!

image.jpeg

• Like 10

This is "The Miss". This is what she does when I am trying to work on the computer as she thinks all the attention should be focused on her and she certainly doesn't like me having a keyboard on my lap!

She's at least 17 now, possibly closer to 18, and has had a bit of a rum life. She started off with one neighbour whose son developed a cat allergy and she got passed onto to what was our next door neighbour at the time. A dear lady who sadly had dementia which got increasingly worse over time. The cat was constantly being put in front of food as our neighbour couldn't remember that she'd seen her only five minutes before, and she was riddled with fleas, bless her (the cat, not the neighbour) Our neighbour eventually became ill and went into hospital, and was due to move into a home but passed away before that happened. Her son asked us to look after the the cat and find a new home for her. The cat decided she wanted to move in here and, when it came to it, we didn't have the heart to send her elsewhere. That was nine years ago!

Miss (formerly called Bella and then George) now has a touch of feline dementia herself and is very vocal and very clingy. She's getting a bit skinny and a bit wobbly as old cats do, but I think she's probably had the most stable and well looked after years of her life with us and I love her to bits :-) 

This is a bit annoying when I am trying to work though ....

miss_donttype_sml.jpg.26a9334949ec3d8334

Carol

• Like 9

DSC_0027.thumb.JPG.270a3730994842c1b6bd6

Here are the 'Boys' Dylan (Right) and Toby (left). Dylan is my dog and has now been trained as a medical dog (detects my strokes before they occur). Dylan spends most of his time asleep under my duvet, unless he wants something or he comes to signal I'm going to be ill...he does this by pushing his face into mine...which is also how he tells me he needs to go out. 'So does the dog need a poop or am I going to pop my clogs?' is a question I often ask.

Dylan hates me leaving him behind! When I picked him up from the kennels at eight weeks old the breeder asked 'who's is the pup chasing the horse?'. Dylan then collided with a sapling and retaliated by grabbing the top of the tree in his mouth and pulling. I had visions of him being catapulted into the next field. No chance now with the fat lump!

DSC_0004.thumb.JPG.23fea0edec90e04bf38a8

Toby is Dylan's littermate, but is the eldest lad's dog. When he moved his family in with my other half last year while they waited for their new house to be finished Toby came to live with me. A bit like Harry Potter poor old Toby was used to sleeping in his cupboard under the stairs. When the family moved into their new house a year later...Toby stayed with me.He was a nervous dog but is much more relaxed now but rarely leaves my side. The runt of the litter his tongue is too big for his head, he's got too many toes and is more than a little ...look he really does lick windows! Poor old Toby has been diagnosed with epilepsy recently.

DSC_0035.thumb.JPG.333f303c2ee9840761348

On the boat Dylan confidently strolls around the decks, coming out to pose on the bow in his life jacket when we pass places of photo opportunity and then going back to bed when we hit the 'wilds'. Toby still has not got the hang of the decks and will take up to an hour to walk backwards along the deck crabwise with his head and bum pushed into the cabin side. Easiest way to tell the boys apart is that Dylan is stockier than Toby with a square nose, Toby has a slimmer muzzle and a white dot on his right rump...oh and Toby snores...I mean REALLY snores!

DSC_0005.thumb.JPG.7a7ff9d65ebb0a0e0fb7d

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Wonderwall said:

This is my cat paddy. Does he count?

He's the coolest , toughest, friendliest cat in the neighbourhood. He's pretty famous about these parts actually.

He's been known to follow me to the pub. 

Hope the picture works. Techys not my thing !!

image.jpeg

Hi Neil,

I hope he stands his round:naughty:

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

This little ball of fun was Charlie. The lap he is sitting on was our teenage daughter (who is 30 this year!). Charlie worked out how to use his chocolate box looks to his advantage and got away with murder. Well, with a teenager for back up he was on a winner as none of us would dare cross her... :naughty:56f1f134aa32d_Home208.jpg.b0ed956e44f51d56f1f13a5e304_Charlie014.jpg.aaec4cb0a50

• Like 6

Here's shitbag, he's really called silvester but answers to shitbag... (He's a rain pain but very soppy). He adopted us when our neighbour who owned him moved moorings. He was brought up on boats so he has no fear of land (cars etc) sadly our neighbour was moving to a bankside property so he was worried the cat would use all of his 9 lives up pretty quickly.

We've had him about 3 years (he's an old man sadly but all fit and well) and he's a spoilt brat..he's taken the boat over and does what he wants (Notice he has no collar as he's pretty good at exploring all the boats here so the advice is no collars as they can get trapped).. He's meant to be a traditional ships cat and keep the vermin away although he has a good habit of bringing them home alive.. grr..

With the new cruising boat he will be a proper ships cat and will get to come out to sea with us and explore the local area (We have just brought him a harness and a lifejacket so he will be safe and sound lol).

sb2.jpg

sb1.jpg

• Like 8

Well here I am.  Mistress uses me as her avatar.

We are currently on the M25 in a queue that is more like a car park!  The junction ahead is closed cos the bridge has a crack in it.  There is a detour but there is so much traffic it is taking forever.

Master is driving and mistress has got out the laptop and the Hauwei so that she could see what is going on.

So much for leaving the boat early to avoid the bank holiday traffic jams!!!

Rosie

We have several old cats, Boo is 23, he was called wellington when we got him, we shortened it to Boots, and then to Boo. He is getting a bit scraggy now, but still manages to climb to the back of the sofa. about 5 years ago he was ill and we were told he didnt have long left, he even lost the use of his back legs for a few weeks, we suspect a stroke. of the rest we have one at about 18, one at about 16, and the rest are youngsters - 7 in total, a few of which can be seen in my Avatar.

Grendel