Deep Reefs For Easter

ChrisB

2 minutes ago, Broadsword said:

We'll be on the boat until Monday, but not looking good for our first real tryout...  :unsure:  It's the gusts as gets you!

Especially around, where was it again? Oh yes, Thurne Mouth.:shock:

6 hours ago, Spider said:

Especially around, where was it again? Oh yes, Thurne Mouth.:shock:

We brought the new boat back to PH from S. Walsham on Tuesday, in a nice steady breeze and, utterly predictably, as we negotiated my watery nemesis, the breeze really kicked up!  It is an unusual place :)

I will never forget that day Spider!  Taught me a lot; not least, don't take the helm if you are not fit (I had badly damaged my hamstring three days previously) and, when your crew offers to help by handling the mainsheet as you gybe, think twice before saying no!

We had a great sail on Friday - overnight at Cockshoot Dyke, lovely as always... Beautiful morning on Saturday - so walked the doggies down to the hide, but the weather closed in fast as we set off an hour or two later. Very, very blustery... sailed for a while under jib with the wind behind but it got distinctly unpleasant, so we carried on with the o/b and a few degrees of heel under bare poles!

Hunkered down in Hunters' Yard (very kind as all of their fleet were still in, awaiting the Kestrels Camp, with no plans to venture out - but they found us a space!) and settled in for a windy evening... We were being blown hard against the quay heading until the wind eased late evening...

Another nice morning, so we headed off early to get OBY home, as the forecast was still awful for later and, more to  the point, for tomorrow! We left PH just as the downpour started, having tucked her away safely...

• Like 1