Riyadhcrew Onboard

riyadhcrew

I shall look forward to that, Eric!   :clap

BTW, unless you're late risers, I'd go an hour earlier to get more of the ebb. Then moor up for an hour or so at GH "waiting for the tide" and have a cuppa. It does help to break up the rather long journey.

I call the Rangers as I pass the old Yacht Station control tower and ask them for assistance in 5-10 minutes. Of course, with your crew, on neap tides, you probably won't need to.

And you said it, young Grace............ "behave yourself"!    :love

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wonderwall said:

I'm not jealous in the slightest.

How,awful, a night in the bridge followed by a week of cruising , relaxing, eating and drinking. :naughty:

Not to mention, but I will, snorker sarnies for breakfast, positively obscene :naughty: Delighted to see you have made your first objective before crossing to the South! A nice smooth crossing tomorrow Eric.:wave

cheersIain

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Snorker Sandwiches ??? You've been watching "The Cruel Sea" again Iain

Many times MM. I have strong RN connections, on my mothers side of the family. My childhood Doctor, had been on the Hood, but was transferred to I think HMS Cossack for a suspected case of smallpox, The rest they say, sadly, is history.

cheers

Hi Eric   I hope you are enjoying the sun and nearly empty rivers like we are! Currently moored on the outside of OBYS. We have hardly seen any boats on the move since Saturday. ...A real pleasure to have the rivers so quiet. 

Eric, Hi.

It was a pleasure to meet up on Sunday afternoon with you and your lovely daughters. Mary-Jane and I much enjoyed our evening in your company (and the Little Sharpie wasn't bad, either!). You must have crept away early yesterday morning, we didn't notice that you'd gone until we left ourselves.

Hope you had a good day out in Norwich, Eric and your young ladies didn't clean out your plastic too much!

How was the New Inn; were there many spaces there?

Look forward to the Summer Meet and your bottle of St George's finest will be reserved.(BTW I forgot to ask which is your favourite Scotch and I'll speak to the Master brewer at St George's to try to find a similar English).

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!     ice slice

Hi John,

Writing this from Womak. It was great to meet you at last and please pass on our regards to Mary-Jane. She is an angel. 

My wallet was hammered in Norwich, but that was to be expected. We left there just after lunch and got to Rockland to find plenty of space. However, it did fill up later in the afternoon. Food in the New Inn was basic-but good, as was the Wherry.

Wallet will get hit again this morning in Martin's shop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riyadhcrew said:

Hi John,

Writing this from Womak. It was great to meet you at last and please pass on our regards to Mary-Jane. She is an angel. 

My wallet was hammered in Norwich, but that was to be expected. We left there just after lunch and got to Rockland to find plenty of space. However, it did fill up later in the afternoon. Food in the New Inn was basic-but good, as was the Wherry.

Wallet will get hit again this morning in Martin's shop.

Dear readers, we at the Wallet Trust desperately need your help.All over the country little wallets don't get enough put into them and all too regularly what little they had of value is ripped away. At  the Wallet Trust we work hard on behalf of wallets to try and educate owners.

Take Eric...he's dragged his little wallet halfway around the world only to subject it to being 'hammered' on the streets of Norwich, and actively admits the violence will continue. We at the Wallet Trust actively campaign on behalf of the little wallets and house a number safely and securely here at our facilities in Lincolnshire. We need your help in the form of cash donations to help feed the poor little wallets, helping them to put on weight so that they can more easily deal with what life takes out of them.

We ask you to give generously, folding english currency only, to prevent what happened to Eric's wallet happening to ours! Thank you in advance on behalf of all the little wallets.

• Like 19

We in Hertfordshire run a similar scheme to Timbo but concentrate on little wooden boats. 

Our aim is to help little wooden boats back to health and ready them for society in the same vein as the Linc's Wallet Rescue.

Our main concern here is that, knowing the generosity of forum members, those little wallets could become over burdened with all the donations currently heading their way and so, purely to save them unnecessary suffering we feel it only right and proper to offer an alternative home for your kindness.

We will be setting up our 'wish list' account with Brian Wards with immediate effect. :party:

• Like 8