EX HIRE BOATS FOR SALE.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I see on Waterside Marine`s brokerage site there are quite a lot of ex hire boats for sale, and one that takes my fancy is the Bourne 35 "Ross Sea". I would imagine that being an ex Aston boat (ex Aston Nelson class) she is well built, and would make an ideal family boat. Personally, i`d change the fwd cabins into a large ensuite double with an island bed fwd and seperate toilet/wash basin, and seperate shower compartment. Aft would have the dinette change for a fixed "L shaped settee" with a toilet and hand basin just fwd, with a full length galley/sideboard opposite. All i now need is enough money to buy it and get it converted :cry:cry:cry:cry .

As she's about 50 years old and has a wooden superstructure, I hope anyone buying her gets a good surveyor - she looks good in the pictures, but a bit of filler and a pot of paint can easily hide a multitude of sins (of course she may be as sound as she looks, but I wouldn't guarantee it).

I know two slightly younger Aston boats quite well (Song of Freedom and Rambling Freedom), and the interior fitout is generally good quality, with all the varnished wood giving quite a yachty feel. The galley is a bit dated on this one, but as we found out at Freedom, it's not hard to replace that with something more modern, which really helps to lift the whole feel of that area of the boat.

Assuming she is in decent condition, she could be a good buy for somebody, as you definitely get a lot of boat for your money.