What a lovely Sunday for Boating

Brian

Well plans started Saturday Evening.

The Trip from Wroxham to Hickling Broad.

Its a trip we have been trying to make all year, and today was our last chance to do it.

I left Wroxham at 9.00, Rachel Clare and Marcus attended Sunday school. I was to meet them at Potter Bridge at about 12.30 for Lunch at The Potter Fish Restaurant :)

Took me 3hours to get to the bridge with a rather interesting Journey.

Interesting Journey ? Well i decided to take a Road Angel Car GPS with me to test out the speed at certain revs.

The GPS proved to be very accurate, slowing from 5mph to 4 to 3 and to 2 mph, Found to be very interesting.

I attached a pic for you to see it working.

Now the Journey to Potter, About 1 mile away, i notice a bit of a tail back Behind me !!!

Now I'm the last person to hold up boats, and was doing the same revs / speed as i have always done throughout Summer on the River.

GPS was saying 5 mph ! Revs was about 1200 rpm.

Just look at the trouble i was causing behind me !!

post-54-136713372109_thumb.jpg

post-54-136713372114_thumb.jpg

Now River Levels were High, Very High, and anything over 200mm of wash was causing major problems for the poor folk who own properties on the rivers edge in potter.

I Slow down to 4 mph, and that lot came past me ! No Respect at all :(

What was the point, they then encountered The Bridge :lol:

With a near collision ! by trying to reverse under the bridge !!!

post-54-136713372377_thumb.jpg

We had a wonderful meal at the Potter Fish Restaurant :)

The Plaice was Freshly cooked, and was perfection :) Light and Fluffy is the best way to describe it :) and the Chips were also as delicious :)

Rachel Had Scampi and Chips also 100%

Clare Had Sausage and Chips and she ate the lot !!!

Marcus, oh Marcus, hes not a lunch boy and just picked at a few chips.

So Potter Fish Restaurant scores 10/10 on this occasion, Different waitress than last time, She was very polite and the service was excellent :)

I did note that the Burger van opposite Lathams was doing a good trade as the Cafe is still Closed ( Opposite Lathams )

So then after Lunch we jumped back into the boat and headed North !!

This was Uncharted Waters for us.

A complete lack of Hire Craft made it very Quiet.

Many boats we saw were Sailing Boats and Canoes :):wave:clap

We decided to Hang a left Towards Hickling

post-54-136713372381_thumb.jpg

post-54-136713372389_thumb.jpg

Did boat at Potter manage to get under bridge at Potter? Have seen the many scars under that bridge.

Nope the one in the Pic didn't make it, but there were a few Private Craft Gunning It ( to sink lower into the water ) to make it under !

I didn't have the camera ready when i saw a boat come Flying under at high speed ! To get it lower into the water ! The Helms man must of had Balls of Steel as he was going for it !!

Came back from Horsey yesterday afternoon having gone to Somerton for lunch with the EACC fleet. Not much wind but persevered with sail and paddle (thank you crew). got to Potter about 3.00 ish and the burgee of Waif bounced along the arch, 2" higher and we might have been in trouble.

mmm i was at potter at 3.00 ? you didnt have a Bayliner plough past you at any time ?

CAme back from Horsey yesterday afternoon having gone to Somerton for lunch withe the EACC fleet. Not much wind but persevered with sail and paddle (thank you crew). got to Potter about 3.00 ish and the burgee of Waif bounced along the arch, 2" higher and we might have been in trouble.