Broadlands Marina

Snowy

We are staying in the lodges next to the marina for this weekend, can’t wait to be near the water again, might even hire a day boat if it’s not raining

we also have Copper Smokehouse in Oulton booked for Saturday 

theres talk of snow ! 

• Like 1

We are back from our short break,

We arrived in Oulton at 12.15 midday Friday, check in wasn’t till 4pm but we tried our luck at

reception, they very helpful and allowed us to check in straight away

lovely little 2 bedroom lodge, very clean and warm cost was £175 for a 3 day weekend break

a quick unpack and off to Great Yarmouth for bowls of Hot Peas from the market stall, my record is 7 bowls, this time 3 was enough (i’m pretty sure it’s a legal requirement to eat Hot Peas immediately upon entering Yarmouth) as we had fish and chips planned for tea (don’t argue with me, it’s tea and not dinner)

to the lodge for a chill and a walk round the Marina and park, 

it was now fish and chip time, we went to The Mermaid, well the smell of the frying oil should have been enough for us to turn and walk back out but no, we stuck with it

haddock and chips for me, Cod and chips for my wife

two people working in the chippy, neither could speak much English and the price was presented to us on a calculator with a smile, 

we paid up and waited for the meals,  we didn’t time the wait, but it was a lot longer than you would normally expect to wait for fish to fry,

took it back to the lodge, we ate a few chips and very little fish before we looked at each other, packed it back up and out to the bins it went.

Saturday morning we took a stroll to The Wherry for their breakfast at £7.99 each very good value and it keeps me going till the evening meal, we just chilled after that as that was the general plan for the weekend, but had The Copper Smokehouse booked for 6pm, well you just can’t have a bad meal there, as always service and food excellent 

Sunday morning more of the chilling till late afternoon check out, we could have stayed till Monday 10am but work commitments put a stop to that.

would throughly recommend Broadlands looking for a cheap get away

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Snowy said:

We are back from our short break,

We arrived in Oulton at 12.15 midday Friday, check in wasn’t till 4pm but we tried our luck at

reception, they very helpful and allowed us to check in straight away

lovely little 2 bedroom lodge, very clean and warm cost was £175 for a 3 day weekend break

a quick unpack and off to Great Yarmouth for bowls of Hot Peas from the market stall, my record is 7 bowls, this time 3 was enough (i’m pretty sure it’s a legal requirement to eat Hot Peas immediately upon entering Yarmouth) as we had fish and chips planned for tea (don’t argue with me, it’s tea and not dinner)

to the lodge for a chill and a walk round the Marina and park, 

it was now fish and chip time, we went to The Mermaid, well the smell of the frying oil should have been enough for us to turn and walk back out but no, we stuck with it

haddock and chips for me, Cod and chips for my wife

two people working in the chippy, neither could speak much English and the price was presented to us on a calculator with a smile, 

we paid up and waited for the meals,  we didn’t time the wait, but it was a lot longer than you would normally expect to wait for fish to fry,

took it back to the lodge, we ate a few chips and very little fish before we looked at each other, packed it back up and out to the bins it went.

Saturday morning we took a stroll to The Wherry for their breakfast at £7.99 each very good value and it keeps me going till the evening meal, we just chilled after that as that was the general plan for the weekend, but had The Copper Smokehouse booked for 6pm, well you just can’t have a bad meal there, as always service and food excellent 

Sunday morning more of the chilling till late afternoon check out, we could have stayed till Monday 10am but work commitments put a stop to that.

would throughly recommend Broadlands looking for a cheap get away

Wow 7 bowls of peas :51_scream: that would defiantly see me in the second bedroom for the night :65_mask:.