yarmouth info

Guest Jonny

hi guys n gals

not long now couple days :dance:dance:dance

when we were kids me & sis got portrates done froma guy at yarmouth sea front near the sun centre pool place... we want to get a couple family portrates drawn up but for the last few years we havent seen the guy who did it first time round any help???

also the guy with the old wooden wieghing scales he hasnt been round for awhile

Jonny

They have probably retired or moved on after all these years Jonny, the guy with the old balance seat scales was there when i was a child many moons ago, and he added the weights then totted up their total value to give you your bodyweight, and all in stones and pounds, so he may well have given up when he was faced with the prospect of having to convert to metric.

There used to be a small art studio at the rear of the Ludham bridge shop who would take a commision to do a painting or pastel of just about anything you wanted, they used to have some lovely ones of children and pets as well the usual Norfolk scenery type. They are obviouly more expensive than what you would pay for a quick charcoal sketch along a seafront at somewhere like Blackpool, but they are good quality and something ment to treasure. :)

We are also off to Norfolk on Sunday, but will be staying up on the north coast for a while, before venturing south to the Broads sometime the week after, were going to be on tour for the next 3 weeks, Yipee! :dance

Julz :wave

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I remember that chap Julz, he was on a tv documentary where actor Robin Bailey was touring the Broads on one of the wherry yachts (Olive i think?), in the footsteps of somebody called "Emerson". He used to live on the old houseboat which is moored at the mouth of the Thurne. He said it was built out of an old landing craft, and was the only boat on the Broads to have a wine cellar (under the floorboard i suppose). When i looked in that gallery, i spoke to my brother about some of the paintings, and a voice came from what i thought was a cupboard at the back. When i looked inside, he was there and used to wait there listening to what people were talking about. He always struck me as being a bit of an oddball, and possibly even a bit sneaky, hiding in such a small room (cupboard). Regards ................. Neil.

Hi Jonny

I have no idea on either of those things... it's a long time since I went to Yarmouth in the summer season! However, I would imagine your best bet would be Regent Road which is the long road down to the seafront from the town centre full of tat shops.

Hope you all have a great holiday.

cheers everyone

i just wanted a family portrait in pencil or paint pastal... i might take a pop into the shop at ludham bridge if i have to pay extra then so be it just something that i dont have... i love family time on the broads only time we do have family time & a nice family portrait will be nice to hang on the wall..

Jonny

The Art place is tucked away around the back at Ludham Jonny, its more like a shed, theres no access to it from the shop and cafe on the roadside, you have to walk around where the one or two little boats are out on their 'for sale' display :)

Julz :wave