How NOT to bag yourself a bargain....

Guest plesbit

Love the shots John - glad to see that you and Trevor are actually getting to use your cameras whilst all I am managing to do is talk about mine! It's very frustrating and it'll only get worse as I never take my SLR to Austria either so every year I stand looking at some of the most magnificent scenery you can imagine and all I have to shoot it with is my P&S.

2228294468_eebdae57bb.jpg

Which is exactly why I do it like that. And because I'm bone idle, of course. If I had to select everything I wanted to post, copy it to a new folder, re-size it all, re-sharpen it all and then individually upload it to the forum I'd never post a thing. Flickr is an excellent cop out because whatever pics I've taken since Easter 2007 I've generally put up there anyway and it then produces four different size versions by itself. It does take a bit of fiddling when posting here though, but less overall fiddling than all the re-sizing and sharpening etc.

Basically (to help Jonzo) you select the "all sizes" option on your Flickr shot which automatically brings up the "large" size. Click on "medium" and use the direct link to image shown below the picture. Come back here and paste it in between the "img" tags. Block the "img" tags and the url in the middle and cllick the url button so the tags surround img tags (thus making the picture a hyperlink). On the Flickr page press the back button on your browser to return to the previous page. The previous page, of course, was the large size and this is the one you want. Simply copy the new url and paste it into the url tag on here - thus you have the img tag pointing at the medium version and the whole image contained within a url tag pointing at the large version.

Word of warning though - you can only do a maximum of 5 images per post like this or phpBB gets its knickers in a twist and you'll get endless errors from Firefox asking what to open posting.php with (as I illustrated on the forum problems thread).

Hope this helps. 8-)