2 Adults 2 Kids And A Dog In A 6ft Dinghy

Wench

On traveling up the River Ant last Sunday on our way back from a meet, just after the Stalham Wayford bridge junction. We came across a 6ft dinghy 2 adults 2 kids and a dog aboard, first off the kids were leaning right over the front, with life jackets on at least, not sure about the dog. The thing is it only had approx 2 - 3inches before water would flood over the edges into it. The Norman String of pearls in front of us, had to brush the left hand bank cut down its 4mph speed, in case its low wash flooded said dinghy. The Broads Authority ranger did like wise as did we. But if any of these 3 boats had been say in inexperienced hands the out come could have be more than the dangerous thing it was.

Why didnt the ranger say any thing to them?

Wench

1 hour ago, Wench said:

On traveling up the River Ant last Sunday on our way back from a meet, just after the Stalham Wayford bridge junction. We came across a 6ft dinghy 2 adults 2 kids and a dog aboard, first off the kids were leaning right over the front, with life jackets on at least, not sure about the dog. The thing is it only had approx 2 - 3inches before water would flood over the edges into it. The Norman String of pearls in front of us, had to brush the left hand bank cut down its 4mph speed, in case its low wash flooded said dinghy. The Broads Authority ranger did like wise as did we. But if any of these 3 boats had been say in inexperienced hands the out come could have be more than the dangerous thing it was.

Why didnt the ranger say any thing to them?

Wench

I can believe they were adults I'm adult n would never place my children in a situation like described , and what the heck is the BA ranger thinking of , his job is to as much as anything make sure people act in a safe manner and that isn't safe , me I'd be reporting him before the dinghy and BA will know who was assigned to that vessel on that day , I know for a fact that the rangers on the upper yare would act on seeing such circumstances so why don't they all ? Yes you do see stupid things happening a lot but in view of a ranger and he does nothing is just beyond ridiculous .