Windows 10 On My Phone

Hylander

I decided yesterday to update my phone to windows 10.   Most things are ok but and a big but all of my contacts except a few odd balls have disappeared.    The ones that remain look very much like the Skype contacts.   I sat there all afternoon religiously putting on all of my contacts from a list I keep together with all of their phone numbers and notes etc that i like to keep.   Yep they stayed there for about three hours and then the darn thing went back to the original odd balls.      What am I doing wrong please?         I also had a background picture behind my tiles which I can see in the settings area but I dont know how to get it back to the tile area.     Anyone got any clues please?      This morning I am typing all of this blind on the lap top  as I type and there is a long delay before it appears on t he screen.   How weird.

• Like 1

Sorry Hylander but you are going wrong by using W10 phone.

In Feb last year my old phone died, so I bought a W10, on special offer, in March I bought an Android phone.

I gave the W10 to my granddaughter who was desperate for her first phone! A week later she gave me it back saying she would wait a bit longer for any other kind of phone.

The W10 phone has been lent to my people, in fact I use it as a test of friendship, the longest it has been away is 2 weeks.

It's had more sim cards than I've had hot dinners!

To set a ring tone you have to upload the tone  from the phone to cloud then down load back to ring tone?

I managed to get contacts by saving from sim to memory then saving to phone.

W10 system is based on an old unused Klingon language i.e pure fantasy.

paul

ps it is worse then my original Alcatel from ?years ago at least that had the decency not to work.

• Like 2

Put your sim in your old phone. Go on contacts, settings, export contacts to sim. Put sim in new phone, go to contacts, settings, import sim contacts or go settings, show contacts then pick show sim contacts. If memory serves windows phones prioritise email and Skype contacts so you have to let it know it's a phone and that you want actual phone numbers.

Like Paul I didn't keep a windows phone for long, infact my 20month old daughter now uses it for taking photos.

Branden

• Like 1

I have not got another phone.   This is it folks and I was quite happy with it until it lost my contacts.     If I go into outlook there is a long list of contacts with phone numbers but it is not the one I put on yesterday.   If i get to the bottom of it I will let you know.    To set quiet hours I discovered this morning that you have to go to Cortana and her notebook and quite hours setting is in there.   All very simple when you know how.    Just about to get into the car and see if my ford Roadside Emergency assist is still chatting to my blue tooth.

I am pleased to say perseverance wins the day.     The Ford Emergency Assist worked perfectly.     Having now opened the Microsoft account email,  it has now downloaded all my existing names and telephone numbers so apart from the fact I realise that the list needs updating I am back to square one.   Thank you for your input.

• Like 1