Ignituion warning light/buzzer - Perkins 4108

Quick quest for a bit of advice. I recentlty tightened the fan belt as my ignition light kept flashing/buzzing. There was no particular rhythm to the fault, just sometimes it did and sometimes it didn’t flash/buzz. Well the problem has returned. The dials all seem to be reading ok - oil pressure fine, temperature fine, and volt meter reading around 13/13.5 volts consistently at 1000/1500 revs. So any ideas? I will be (or intend to be) using the boat tomorrow for a run to Barton and back from Stalham.

The fan belt currently has about one and a half to two inches of slack when I press on it. Is that too much - maybe the belt is knackered.

Many thanks

Colin

Hi Colin yes its way too slack give of about 1/2 inch max is usual, time for a new belt at a guess if theres no adjustment left. if the volt reading is at a guage on the dash try a mutimeter at the alternator output point and see if its the same reading, a large variation would suggest rewiring the output lead to the batterys