Looking for Sunday Services

Guest clivejgray

Hi we are now planning a rough itinerary for our trip to the broads next month. On the Sunday of our visit we should be on the River Ant and would be grateful if anyone can recommend a Church in that area for us to attend Communion srvice. Thanks for reading. Clive

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, there`s a church right near the river Ant at "Irstead shoals", which is just before the entrance to Barton broad. There are limited free public moorings on the west bank, and the Church is a short walk from there, but they can be popular, so you may have to get thereearly the day before. Where and when are you picking up your boat, as there may be something a bit closer to your home yard?. Also, i don`t know which churches are RC or C of E, so that`s something you`ll have to consider?. I hope this helps. Regards, and happy cruising .................... Neil.

Gosh Clive, I thought planning on mooring within walking distance of a pub was difficult!

Good luck with your search, the web-site that John has listed seems to show you all your options.

But looks like finding a church service in Norfolk requires even more planning, first Sunday in the month at one, second Sunday at another...

Some local churches don't seem to have regular services,

e.g. Irstead has Morning Prayers every Thursday, but seems to have sunday service once a month..

Hopefully someone more local will come in with the answer to your query.

Thankyou very much for your replies. It does seem a tad more difficult than I thought. We have rearranged our itinerary and will be visiting St Benedicts at Horning for communion thanks to the information on the supplied link. We really appreciate your help and hope to see some of you next month. cheersbar

Thankyou very much for your replies. It does seem a tad more difficult than I thought. We have rearranged our itinerary and will be visiting St Benedicts at Horning for communion thanks to the information on the supplied link. We really appreciate your help and hope to see some of you next month. cheersbar

Did you notice that there is a mooring stage for St Benedicts church and a path up to the church from there?

The mooring is quite small (room for a couple of cruisers), but the river is wide enough there to "double park" if necessary

and I wouldn't expect there to be too many boaters calling in for the service.

Yes we saw that but we are wondering if a more suitable mooring should be sought that will allow for lunchtime refreshments. Then body and soul will be refreshhed with one mooring manouvre. :grin: