Prince Of Light

andyg

Well I stand corrected and am eating humble pie as I type lol. Prince of light one of HW new compact cruisers, what a fantastic little boat this is. Everything a moden Hampton should of been. Fitted out to a very good standard it has all mod cons, 240 v power system shore power hock up etc microwave tv in both cabins great sound system. I really can see why this design is proving to be so popular. There is another one sitting in the build shed just having its finishing touches. I'm told there will be more to come. HW have got the pricing right for these boats as well not being to greedy in my opinion. They really are surprisingly roomy inside and the aft bed in very generous. My only niggle would be the shower in terms of space. But to be fair the shower rooms on dazzling were dreadful for such a big boat. We'll worth a looking if your a couple. Big thumbs up from us. 

• Like 7

Can I just ask did you hire this boat?     Looking at the photos the hob for cooking a meal on is pretty basic and more akin to a day picnic boat.    Not much thought there.    We dont all live on microwaved food.    Is there plenty of room for supplies of food?       Is there a dining table tucked away somewhere?        Is the upholstery plastic or fabric.   Hope you dont mind me asking.

33 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Can I just ask did you hire this boat?     Looking at the photos the hob for cooking a meal on is pretty basic and more akin to a day picnic boat.    Not much thought there.    We dont all live on microwaved food.    Is there plenty of room for supplies of food?       Is there a dining table tucked away somewhere?        Is the upholstery plastic or fabric.   Hope you dont mind me asking.

Yes we are onboard now, you have limited storage for  food. It has an oven and two ring hob. So yes you can cook basic meals but a roast dinner would be a challenge. But it could be done. 

Thank you for your reply.   They say forewarned is forearmed and so at least you would know what to expect and no surprises.      The HW boat which is similar to a Captain if it is anything like the Captain inside then there is so much storage it is really good.   The only fault I can find with the design of the Captains and similar is that darn bed.  Crawling in and out that in your 70s is no joke.   Not being able to sit up in bed and have a cuppa is not good.    There is no head room as such where your pillows are.   Every boat has its good points and bad,   so pleased you are pleased with the Prince of Light.   Enjoy your holiday.

2 hours ago, Hylander said:

Thank you for your reply.   They say forewarned is forearmed and so at least you would know what to expect and no surprises.      The HW boat which is similar to a Captain if it is anything like the Captain inside then there is so much storage it is really good.   The only fault I can find with the design of the Captains and similar is that darn bed.  Crawling in and out that in your 70s is no joke.   Not being able to sit up in bed and have a cuppa is not good.    There is no head room as such where your pillows are.   Every boat has its good points and bad,   so pleased you are pleased with the Prince of Light.   Enjoy your holiday.

Soft fabric furnishings the table is stowed under the saloon seating and slides out. You attach a very sturdy pole into the floor and is perfectly fine. The fit out on the boat is of a  very good standard. You have to bear in mind it's a compact boat but it's surprisingly spacious. The aft cabin double is very generous and comfy. Neither of us are overly tall to be fair. The shower room is tight as you'd expect on this type of boat but does the job. They seem to be improving the internal fit out as they build more. Like fixing tv to the cabin bulkheads adding well lighting. Overall a very nice little boat.