Boat Alarm And Solar Battery Charging

craigmc67

Hi 

I am starting to prepare for my new arrival and can’t wait to get hold of her but I need to get a few things sorted 

I am slightly concerned about leaving her she has a nice cut in Beccles that’s a perfect size for her but I work away for periods of time but my wife will keep an eye out and a few friends will pop down to check her out

I was thinking about getting an intruder alarm fitted along with a high water sensor and low battery alarm, when activated it will send a text to three numbers

I was also thinking about a solar battery trickle charger to keep the battery healthy 

I have an automatic bilge pump fitted already 

I have a full winter fitted cover so what would be the acceptable amount a normal wooden boat would take on or should they be dry in the bilge 

I’d be grateful for any advice there’s many products on the market I don’t mind spending on a quality product but want to save money for all the other jobs that will need doing 

I have an UltraPIR intruder alarm - Sounds an alarm and calls / texts me if it goes off. Can call up to three numbers such as yard etc. You can silence or disarm from your mobile. Ultrasecure Direct

Also have a 30W  solar panel that keeps my 180 amps of batteries very happy from Photonicuniverse

Both are fairly cheap - both do exactly what I want . About £160 for both.

• Like 1