Broadsman

andyg

Returned home yesterday from a great weekend onboard broadsman 3. No complaints whatsoever about the service we received from Richardson's or there staff. Apart from Friday afternoon's rain we had fantastic weather, with the canopy down most of the time. The boat was great, but unfortunately is showing signs of being well used I'm guessing she's about 8 years old now..the windscreen is absolute pants in wet weather and suffers from really bad condensation. The screen demist system wasnt working and we only discovered this half way up the ant during a down pour. The boat handles like a dream and glides effortlessly through the water, the bow and stern thrusters make mooring in tight spots a breeze. The heating system is by far the best I've ever had onboard a boat. Rather disappointingly we didn't have an electric mudweight nor the led mood lighting that is fitted in the front cabin on these boats, for some reason, these are all the little things that justify the premium price tag in my opinion. Granted not having them didn't spoil our enjoyment. We used 45 ltr of fuel and covered quite a bit of distance visiting wroxham Horning Ranworth Neatishead thurne, so I was OK with that. The boat is fitted with 3 electric flush toilets and sleeps 8, there was 5 adults onboard and our waste tank was showing full when we arrived back this monday morning. The loos definitely used a great deal of water that's for sure. The fitted fuel gauge is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot and clearly doesn't work properly ( a common complaint with these boats ) take it out. Sleeping accommodation, both the rear and centre cabin are a bit cramped in our opinions with the centre cabin more suited for children. The front cabin is very comfy all cabins are on suite 👌. Like I said she is showing her age with lots of things that need attention, the rear screen on the canopy needs repairing as its is difficult to close. It's clearly been damaged at some point. The vinyl wood affect flooring in the galley is all bubbling up off the floor and needs relaying. The rear cabin shower head needs replacing. All little niggles I accept that. But at 450 pound a night to hire I'd expect better attention to detail. Dazzling light is roughly the same age and she was certainly presented in far better condition when we hired her last season. You can't get away from the fact that the RC45 is a fantastic looking boat and has been designed really well. Monaco being my favourite of the classes that have been built. Overall its a 7.5 out of ten for the boat and 10 out of 10 for customer service from Richardson's 👍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just a little nit bit from our trip. We arrived at Ranworth mid morning on the Saturday. I wasn't expecting to get in and as we approached the green it looked packed. No surprise there, as we got closer a couple sitting uptop of there boat waved at us indicating a space by the taxi rank and indeed there was. So I swung the boat around and went stern first down the little dyke. It was at this point a gentleman appeared from inside his boat, I believe it was David H syndicate boat.. he had an incredibly worried look on his face as i approached. I'm not one for tip toeing about. A few blast on the thrusters etc and job done. Not a boat or quay heading bumped. He said in a relived voice, so you done that before then. I replied...never driven a boat before mate...its easy this boating lark lol..he seemed a bit miffed..lol. he went back to drinking his can of carling...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6