The Chemistry Of Death

Meantime

Now there's a cheerful title for a thread!. No it's not about the BA, just a heads up about a forthcoming mini series that is being released on Thursday the 19th January. Why mention it here you ask? 

Well over the New Year period I made a visit to Horsey to see the seals and as you do, I also made a visit to the Nelson's Head, which in turn reminded me about an article I'd seen in the EDP about the pub being used as a film location back in July 2022.

Filming was for an adaptation of Simon Beckett's 2006 book The Chemistry of Death which is being made into a 6 part mini series. Filming took place in Horsey. Old Buckenham and North Walsham, as well as Glasgow.

The main character is Dr. David Hunter who is an exceptionally talented forensic anthropologist. After some personal trauma and the loss of his family he moves to a quiet Norfolk village and becomes a village GP, turning his back on his former profession. After three years of quiet village life a mutilated body turns up in some local woods and the Doctor finds himself being dragged back into his old profession to help solve the case.

I've just purchased the book on Amazon, I believe this is the first of 6 books he wrote in the series, and so far it is very good.

The TV series is being released on Paramount Plus, which I believe is a subscription service, but if you have or know anyone with Paramount Plus it might be worth looking out for. I'm guessing it may end up on other services over the course of time.

• Like 4