5" Steam Loco

floydraser

Erm.. can I play trains too?

I have long promised myself one of these and had it pencilled in for when the boat was sold. Unfortunately that's an ongoing situation.

We grabbed a day out last weekend in between weather fronts and visited the Avoncroft Museum of Buildings at Bromsgrove. Nice place, a bit run down, but it shares land with the Bromsgrove Model Engineering Society. As we leaned against their gate we noticed a sign saying there was a private party going on so do not enter. As we stood there a kindly gent asked if we like to come in. We pointed out the sign and he that would be fine "as I am the Chairman!" The first loco round was a 5" guage Simplex and I pointed out to Mrs Raser that was the very model I was after. She said, "Well if you want one, have one." Now as every experienced married man knows, you have to strike before the wind changes direction! :default_party0010:

So yesterday I picked this one up from Station Road Steam in Metheringham, Lincolnshire.

20230921_205629.thumb.jpg.b3817981ad6282deb9da852692a8f723.jpg

20230921_205703.thumb.jpg.94ca9630191cae0d968d1e07a5e236fa.jpg

Well you didn't expect me to get a new one did you? :facepalm:

• Like 8