Fishing season????

brandenjg

Hi everyone

I was just wondering when the fishing season starts and finishes. My fishing license runs out on the 31/03/2012 so im guessing thats the end of season but the next day is when i'll finally have my boat on the water. Is the 31st the end of the season or am i fine to renew and go fishing on the 1st April on the boat?

Thanks in advance for any replies :P

Bad news I'm afraid.

The coarse fishing season, adopted by most of the rivers and lakes of the country, including the Broads system, runs from the 15th June to the 15th March inclusive.

So the close season runs from midnight on the 14th March until midnight on 15th June, hence the "glorious 16th".....

Blast... just too late to correct my post...

The coarse fishing season, adopted by most of the rivers and lakes of the country, including the Broads system, runs from the 16th June to the 14th March inclusive.

So the close season runs from midnight on the 14th March until midnight on 15th June, hence the "glorious 16th".....

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

The "close season" is only on rivers, whereas stillwaters (lakes and reservoirs) are allowed year round fishing. There is however, the odd lake around where the owners still keep to the close season dates as above, but these are very few and far between. If you still want to fish when your boat goes in the water and it is the close season, there are several stillwaters alongside some of the rivers. W44nty (Steve) is a local lad, born and bred, and more than just a "keen fisherman", so you could always send him a pm asking where there are any decent lakes adjacent to the rivers. On and after 16th June however, you can dangle your maggott wherever you like :lol::lol::lol: .