Internal Pics of Hire Boats

Guest JoeReu

Guest JoeReu

Hiya,

I am a little obsessed with researching everything to do with my holidays and often wonder why companys such as Norfolk Broads Direct etc dont carry internal pictures of all there boats. Any ideas? Is it just too much of a big job or does it just cost them too much?

Thanks,

Joanne

I should imagine it is to do with space in the brochure, we have hired for the last 10 years now and Norfolk Broads direct (Faircraft Lloynes) on numerous times. we tend and the end of one holiday have a look inside the boat we are going to hire next !! We had Fair Empress Easter and Regal Light from Potter last October, I think this is the equivelent to commodore etc ! we prefer the wroxham boats, but we think we may have gone with them for the last time, we have been searching out the smaller yards with the more personnel touch !

Guest JoeReu

Hi again,

Thats a really good idea - checking out boats while your down there. I always try and have a peek inside some when we take ours back (I'm far too excited when we pick it up), but the ones I have been interested in have always been out.

Were you happy with Regal Light?... thats alot bigger than Commodore (Eeek!) I'm not sure I could ever handle anything that big.

We once hired from a smaller company on Womack Water (since gone out of business), and that was nice due to the little personal touches. A couple of beers in the fridge, wine, fresh flowers etc.

Anyway, thanks for the tip!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Regal light was fine, handling great, (it has a bowthruster) dual steering, that was the 1st time we have had duel steering, and we thought it was great! nice to know that if you wanted to get blown away, you go up top, and those not wanting it, stopped below. We hired from potter, and to be honest the boats are not looked after as well as faircraft loynes (sister company) the boat was new that year and we didnt beleive them that it was!! There was only 5 of us on the boat, so we had a spare room for storage !! and beleive me we need it !! We tried to get it for easter but we booked too late! We have not yet had "our perfect boat" we need to chop a few up and put the good points from each to make it !!

Guest JoeReu

It's my first time with a bow thruster this year. I'm glad you mentioned it handled well with that. I know thats the point, but a new function in my hands could be best left alone! I'll have to be brave and try it.

Joe best off trying it in the yard when moored up or in a big open space get your confidence up first before trying it when mooring might make a hash out of it practice makes perfect

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joe

I too like to see the internal pictures, even though I have a fair idea what all the boats are like.

Companies do seem to have moved forward a little on internal pictures but I think much more could be done here, and if they are clean most picture quite well anyway, I think it would improve confidence for holidaymakers when choosing, and be a good advantage at the moment if fleets had a picture of each class interior, where other fleets don't.

I always try and get inside a few hireboats whilst i'm over as most yards (certainly Herbert Woods, Faircraft, Richardsons & Horizon Craft anyway) are only too happy for you to go onboard.

I have just booked "Supreme" from Richardsons so am very excited as I thought I was not getting over again this year, though I have to wait until October for it.

She is very smart inside as has been newly refitted this year from floorboards up! So like a new boat at the price of an old one!

Dan

should be a good holiday then Dan

i think i know why most yards don't have internal pics of there fleet so to keep them in a good state so when they arrive on there holiday there not comparing a pic on there website that may have been took well over six months ago and the amount of hires that boat has had since then thing are going to be warn.

but you would thin that big places like Richardson's and HB would have done this well before hand.

Guest JoeReu

Dan, I couldnt agree more! I'll definately take pics inside all hire boats in future and add them to sites like this and NBF.

Jonny... I bet you're right. If it looked swanky and then when i gt on board i realised the pic was out of date, I'd be disappointed.

Yes maybe an upgrade or your money back but to get a boat in a bast state no matter the amount of money you have parted with is disappointing