Broadsedge water levels

Mowjo

Ok People! just to put some of your minds at rest, I've been to Broadsedge today to check my daughters boat and mine, the water level is around 12 inchs higher than normal but nothing drastic, I had a wander around and all the boats seem fine, if you are moored in what I call the new section (where the new workshops are going) the back road around there is a bit of a mess, potholes everywhere and a few quite deep, the bit where I am, just in front of the new W/shops has a little problem! some of the heading has given way affecting about four boats two of which are mine and my daughters, David has the repairs in hand, apart from that everything is looking good considering,,,,

Frank,,,,,

Not just Somerset though, there are many other places that are suffering badly but not getting the high profile press. That is not to say I do not feel dreadfully sorry for the "Levels", an area I know well and love to bits.

Does make me count my blessings though, and I wonder how would the east coast have fared if the same weather was coming in from the east rather than the south west?

I'm pretty certain the Broads can handle anything falling from above. We've got plenty of land set aside as flood plain, the rivers flow out well and there is, comparatively, a much smaller rain catchment area.  There might be a few localised area of flooding, but our danger comes from the sea, not the sky.

• Like 1

True but the Levels are on the Severn Estuary so suffer from water backing up when there are high tides and on shore winds. When this is squeezed by the flow of the rivers it gets very nasty (always has in my experience). We are lucky in that most of our rivers behave like linear ponds, they have not a great deal of flow other than tidal.

• Like 1

water levels are high only a few more inches for  river to go across road next to slip ways 

so i say it is the highest its been so far this winter for us at our end .......................

with rain orf the land and from the far reaches orf the ant  source in deepest norolk all we need is the wind to go rung way and high tides .................

my drainage dykes at the back orf yard are getting full and the dykes at home are full with fields showing signs orf swamping too ................

land is saturated with water from all sides ....................

but i do feel for the rest orf uk that are under the deluge orf a water to cause flood and homes and buiseness and live stock too all in trouble ............................

we live on a wet island and as i do i work and live by the water in low lands.......... my choice 

• Like 1