Tri colour navigation light?

Hi all, I've Just got back from a day down wroxham to pick up a new centre nav light. Turns out I've bought a tri colour one by accident :???: I'm hoping that I can still use the light and that it will confirm to the bss as I'm clueless about the bss rules on navigation lights.

Any help would be appreciated as I don't fancy a trip back to wroxham to change the light.

Thanks forumites. Branden :P

Samuel is quite right, Navigation lights have never been part of the BSS testing or certification.

The Worldwide Collision Regulations cover their specific setup, and are explained quite well on the Internet with clear diagrams, such as at 

http://www.powerboat-training.co.uk/articles/articles-nav%20lights.htm

The complexity differs according to the size of the vessel, starting from a simple all round white to the usual red/green setups.

The BA demand the use of the appropriate Colreg navigation lights for any vessel moving outside daylight hours.