HELP, ANY ONE KNOW A MOBILE VOLVO PENTA MAN

Guest AQUAHOLIC

• 2 weeks later...

all fixed, turbo waste gate stuck, which was setting off the alarm when opening the throttle, with the exhaust being water bound could not see the ensuing black smoke as you would with a car, any way, its now freed off and working normally, alarm is silent and boat wants to go! (and it will as soon as I can get it down to Breydon for some test runs)

Shaun from Frenchs has reccomended regular use at variable speeds as he suspects its down to lack of use, river speed tickover cruising and the boat being stood for year or two as being the cause.

Shaun could not get into the ecu with either of thier vodia laptops or with the evc button pack, looks like the engine was sold new by Volvo for spares in 2004 and was refurbished and then fitted to my boat, it is possible its not the standard ecu or that could be the reason it was sold for spares, the right ecu is £2000 but as it is running fine its not essential, a replacement turbo is a £1000 but will only need replacing if it keeps seizing up despite regular use so fingers crossed

the trim tabs still need sorting but I think we will have a little try at freeing them off myself first

The rest of the jobs are done just about and its looking good, down on Sunday the 26th July for 2 or 3 weeks so hope to have a good time and get some confidence in its reliability during that time and have a bit of fun.