Cheap boat hire lol

Guest Lag1rich

Can anyone recommend a cheap hire company? Prefably for the weekend??

Ive just looked at my regular companie's website and I am sorry but I disagree paying the same price for 3 nights as I would have to 4!!

The cost is about £550 for 3 nights!! (Long weekend)

Thanks Richard!!!

PS. 2 nights b fine

Why not go for the 4 nights then - problem solved! ;)

At the end of the day looking at things from the other side, if the price was cheaper for the weekend then the midweek days would not let and the concept would be unfeasable, though I agree it can be frustrating if you want to go for a shorter period.

George Smiths at Wroxham do hire by the day, and for short periods as do Freedom at Horning www.freedomboatingholidays.co.uk who have a wider range of berth sizes than George Smith's (who just do up to 4 berth). Cant think of any others though.

All the best

Dan

Try giving the hireyards a ring directly. I think the 3nights price = 4nights price may be down to Blakes/Hoseasons. I'm sure if a hire yard have a boat free for a 3 day period, they'd welcome your business.

Try giving the hireyards a ring directly. I think the 3nights price = 4nights price may be down to Blakes/Hoseasons. I'm sure if a hire yard have a boat free for a 3 day period, they'd welcome your business.

Well it is there own yard and company, There 4 I calnt see them moveing on it.

Sadly this is not always the case, with some sense attached I guess as ultimately discounting massive amounts if boats are unhired does destroy hire fees and can damage an industry, tends to only be done out of real desperation, and can be a rocky path to ruin.

I know a lot of companies will not discount, however there are some that will, so if you have a spare half hour then nothing ventured nothing gained, they can only say no - and a lot of them will!

Blakes and Hoseasons act as an agent for the fleets, and will take a cut of the hire fee from the operator whether you book with the agent or directly with the hirefleet, though the cut is naturally a little smaller.

If you are booking very close to when you want to go then out of season the odd fleet have occasionally done us a bit of a deal, but as boating holidays are significantly up this year if you were wanting to go in peak or popular weeks then a bargain, or any availability may be a bit harder to find than it was.

Have you found anything cheaper from the advice so far?

All the best

Dan

Hi Richard

I have just looked in the Richardson's brochure they do have a new scheme going broads on a budget you can get a week for the price £550 but it wont be in peak season but there are plenty of cruisers to choice from at that price.

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice