Licence plates

Guest Brucec

I was approached by a Ranger at Potter Heigham the other day, telling me that my starboard licence plate had fallen off. I have to say he was fantastic - really polite and professional, organised replacement licence disc and numbers for me there and then (and also gave a fine demonstration of boat handling skills when manoeuvering alongside me in an onshore Potter Heigham wind). A real credit to the Broads Authority.

My question is this: I need to obtain the replacement white perspex plate, which hangs by a couple of cable ties from the pulpit rail. A lot of boats with pulpits seem to have identical types of plate. Does anyone know were to buy them? I tried Norfolk Marine, but not surprisingly they don't sell them. Any pointers appreciated.

Bruce

When I had them on the rails I just got a couple of white number plates from a motor factor with the broads number and enough space at the ends for the toll plaque Bruce, you may need to take along your Broads registration document. Failing that any pespex sign maker of which there are many dotted around the industrial estates would make one for you to stick the "fablon" broads number on.

Hi Bruce,

I had two foamex boards with registration on created by Tudor Print (based at Acle) there was also room for the toll plates. The boards were about half the size of a number plate with two holes drilled so that they could be fitted one either side of the bow on the rail with tie clips.

They supplied all the above (including cable ties) and a number for the transom for £21.00 plus vat in August 06.

e-mail: tudor.print@btconnect.com

Unit 11, Damgate Lane Industrial Estate, Damgate Lane, Alce, 01493 750220

They were very hard wearing having taken a few 'greenies' as well as general wear and tear. removed them only about 4 weeks ago as we are no longer Broads based.

Hope this my be of assistance

Thanks chaps - really helpful as always.

Do ya know, that's one of the joys of being on "the Bright Side" - everyone is always so friendly and helpful. A real team effort from everyone!

Bruce! if your anywhere near Broadsedge this Saturday, I have some of the white perspex that they use for the number plates, you'll have to cut it to size though,, I'll be at Broadsedge most Saturdays for the next month or so privided it's dry so you can pick it up anytime,,, if anyone else wants any lets me know because I've got a good supply of it,,,

Regards Frank