recognise this boat? flickr "boats on the norfolk broads"

jillR

hi ian

craig had the answer

471G is Prunella - a 50ft Thornycroft

he just hasnt had time to put her on the database yet.

its one i should have known :oops:

any history would be nice.

between two forums broadland memories, craigs database, and flickr, there shouldent be to many boats that we cant nail.

jill :grin:

I am sure that's Prunella - it belongs to the family of Chris aka Pandemonium who visits this forum frequently but doesn't post often. She's over 50ft and lives in Brundall down Riverside dyke. There was a picture of her posted in one of the holiday threads in the last couple of weeks.

I have shots of her myself but unfortunately none are online so I cannot share them.

I can fill in a little history, she is Prunella - built by Thornycroft in 1938 at Hampton on Thames. She is entirely built of teak the hull is just under 2inches thick), has 2 x 9 1/4 litre Thornycroft RNR 6 diesel engines (they make a lovely noise btw!). She can be a pig to handle sometimes as she draws 5 feet from stem to stern! She was used by the first owner ( who owned her until the late 70's) as a test bed for stabilizer fins for ocean liners which his company built hence her unusual layout. She is owned by my parents and the ugly git on the forward deck in that photo is me! And I wont be at Beccles this weekend, and neither will the boat!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...