Another Tragedy

Had a call from my eldest daughter last night asking me to pick her up as her lift had failed to turn up.

I arrived at Shepperton lock, where we had agreed I'd pick her up from just after midnight. As I pulled up I noticed a small cabin cruiser drifting across the river. I jumped out the van and 'met' the cruiser as it was about to touch the pontoon. The engine was running but no sign of life onboard. At this point a small craft with a very strong flashlight appeared and asked if anyone was onboard. I replied telling them that my banging on the roof and shout if anyone was there had got no answer. The small craft came alongside and I could then see a policeman was one of the guys on the small boat. He boarded the cruiser and quickly check but no one was inside. As he departed he said that a guy was missing and asked if I would tie the boat up, which of course I did.

unfortunately this has been reported today. A stark reminder for us all to be safe when on any body of water. Very sad news :(

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/river-thames-body-found-after-11601740