Broads Authority Expand Borders

Timbo

The Broads Authority are to expand the borders of their responsibility. Following sightings of the elusive Spirit of Breydon at the Olympic Regatta in Rio the Broads Authority Chief Executive, Dr No, confirms that 'I made an executive decision to expand the borders of the Authorities control to include Rio De Janeiro'.

Spirit 2.jpg

"I mean...it is important that the world knows that the Broads are a National Park even if it isn't! After all it's blatantly obvious that the Olympic Committee have been making decisions and statements without my say so and they obviously don't know what they are doing!" said the megalomaniac.
Representatives of the Olympic Committee expressed disinterest "Zis stupid man he has a boat not fit for ze purpose."
Dr No however was adamant that not only he knew best and Rio would soon come round to his way of thinking. "Look at these stupid people, all out enjoying the water...how dare they! I have explained so many times they should let the water silt up and stop the boats using it. I mean they could fill in some of these waterways with these mountain things they have so many of!"

Spirit.jpg

Sources close to Dr No allege several million gallons of liquid plant food was added to the water prior to the opening of the games. It has been alleged this has already wreaked havoc on day one of the rowing regatta with crews getting tangled in weed and sediment and capsizing. 

sink.jpg

• Like 6