Hamilton's Navigations

Jonnie

When I used to be on the Broads in the 70's and 80's there was Hamilton's Navigations, a book my Dad used to use as his "bible". It was a mine of information for cruising/sailing on the Broads with moorings, hazards etc but it doesn't appear to be around these days.

Is there anything similar that people use instead these days?

Jon

Not for us anyway.  We have a copy onboard and I've another copy right next to me now here in t office.

However the book I use many times per day, every day afloat and back home here in t office when doing any sort of planning (Just done the planning last week for our forthcoming 'Lads Week' next month) is:-  'Broads tide tables' in this case issue:-  1 April 2016 - 31 March 2017  it is dayglow pink in colour and changes colour every year.  they are priced at £1 and have been for an age now.  they are 3 1/2"  by 6" on old money.  Very easy to use containing tide tables,  distances tables for each river,  bridge heights,  sunrise / sunset,  useful telephone numbers,  Broads authority manned mooring stations and information on important stuff.  I purchase a couple every year when renewing our toll and they are sent in the post or you can purchase them at any Broads Authority information centre and other outlets too.  I wouldn't be without a copy

Griff

• Like 4