Email Scam, New Topic Cos This Ain't Nigerian......

Thought I would give a heads up, and not get this one bogged down......

Rec'd this

Hi, Geoff!

I am disturbing you for a very serious occasion. Allhough you don't know me, but I have large ammount of personal info on you. The thing is that, most probably mistakenly, the info about your account has been dispatched to me.
For instance, your address is:
Doncaster
South Yorkshire
**********          (YES MY FULL ADDRESS, I PUT THE **** THERE, NO WORRIES COS DONNYGEOFF GIVES THE PART I LEFT AWAY)

I am a law-abiding citizen, so I decided to alert may have been hacked. I attached the file - ***(my surname)***.dot that that was emailed to me, that you could explore what information has become available for fraudsters. Document password is - 3136

Sincerely,
Lourdes Salgado

There was a file attached, do not open it, just forward the email to nfibphishing@city-of-london.pnn.police.uk

web page www.actionfraud.police.uk

telephone 0300 123 2040

:Stinky

• Like 1

You should have e mailed him back telling him that the phishing season does not start until 16th June.         :)

No, only joking, don't do that, it just proves to the scammer that the e mail address is live. Anything like this I just flag it up as spam to my e mail provider and let them deal with it.

• Like 1

I keep getting e mails purportedly coming from America. The strange thing is that they are from somebody using my brother in law's name.I do not reply and just report them as spam.

I really do know what the sender is up to or how he has found the connection between my brother in law and me.

I suspect that somebody from bruv's previous employment, and most of the people in that particular company were a bunch of scrotes, has hacked his e mail account address book. They used to do that sort of thing for their perverted sense of fun.

The scam stands out a mile as bruv and me always use nicknames when we communicate.

• Like 1