Fake News And "spin"

ChrisB

I have long been a fan of Cornish Crabbers and did wonder why the original of them the 24 had been dropped from the range.

A new 24 is now available to order and so with much interest I read the publicity. Gone is the fixed long keel to be replaced by a lifting one. That makes sense as it fits with the rest of the range. But now comes the interesting bit. This boat is a better looker than the old achieved (and remember this is a Cat B RCD craft) by a lifting cabin roof. Some American craft have done this but not Cat B, more like lake sailers. 

The boat is from the pen of David Thomas BUT the hull is from Andrew Wolstenholme. Now they say the Pop Up cabin roof was inspired by the Surfers Campers that they see all around them in Cornwall. But I wonder with Andrew being involved if it was not inspired by the Broads River Cruiser and the surfer story just fits nicer with their clients around Rock and Padstow. Guess we will never know.

• Like 2