Hints and Tips

Guest chriscraft

i looked at a boat with one of these fitted,a very experienced boat broker told me to be carful.these engines are fine when running,but i would investigate the availability of spares?,also have heard that they are pigs,and to be honest havn,t had a good report of them,he told me to RUN!! a mile,didn,t buy it,and with just having the dubious pleassure of trying to keep a gm 6.2 running ,i d go for a more mainstream engine all in my honest opinion,if others had heard different experiences that,s fine ,but they are quiete a rareity :grin:

I have known a couple of people with petrol BMWs Andy and they were quite happy and had no issues sourcing parts. I doubt it's based on the D6 as that is a D4 with a couple of extra pots on the end, as the D4 was designed exclusively for marine use by Volvo Penta with no commercial equivelant fairly recently, and BM having been out of the marine market for some time it doesn't seem likely.