Radar

Hi - this might be a silly question but I'll ask anyway...

I have a Racal Decca 130 system with the display being a large CRT - very original but not very pretty and a bit large on the helm. Can I keep the raydome and use a modern display or are the raydomes and displays "matched"?

Mind you - her indoors prefers we sepnd the money on a holding tank rather than electronics?

thanks

Wayne

Hi - this might be a silly question but I'll ask anyway...

I have a Racal Decca 130 system with the display being a large CRT - very original but not very pretty and a bit large on the helm. Can I keep the raydome and use a modern display or are the raydomes and displays "matched"?

Mind you - her indoors prefers we sepnd the money on a holding tank rather than electronics?

thanks

Wayne

I should imagine it needs to be matched wayne,someone on here will be able to tell you the reasons.i've seen them displays b----y big.

Unlikely that you will get a LCD monitor for such a scanner, I hate to say it about shiny bits but on this occasion I think your SWMBO should indeed be obeyed, a decent lavie and a holding tank does make life aboard so much more "comfortable".