Eltrim Tabs

By any chance does anyone have the operators manual for this particular Eltrim Trim Tabs control box please ?

post-699-136713672018_thumb.jpg

I would be really grateful for a copy, either paper or email, whichever is easier. I have contacted Eltrim in Germany but they don't have any, and searched everywhere I can think of on the net with no luck !

Well, both actually !!

I always thought I knew what the buttons done exactly, but after this email from the manufacturers I'm not so sure:-

Hi,

unfortunatelly we do nnot have an manual instruciotn for this model with pointers.

I give you follow information, it must be ok:

Function of buttons: manual

button white top: - Both tabs move down, bow moves down.

white bottom: - Both tabs move up, bow moves up.

red left: -- Left tab moves up, right moves down, boat heels to portside.

green right: -- Right tab moves up, left tab moves down, boat heels to starboard.

Automatic ON: press/push both button red +green

Automatic off:: press/push both white button

An additional support for the starting phases is integrated in function HF. Before you start, the tabs should be down, automatic off. Just before the boat goes into gliding position, switch automatic on. Tabs move up, heeling elimination is working at once. Gliding position to be corrected by upper or lower button.

I hope, I help you. If not, contact me please again!

Sorry for my bad english!

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Ursula Winkelmann

- Verkauf -

Tel. +49 2333 77 20

Fax +49 2333 89 553

el Trim GmbH

Egerstr. 4

58256 Ennepetal, Deutschland

I didn't realise that they had an automatic function on them. I knew the new ones do, but not from 17 years ago....

Yours don't Luke. well not unless someone has after fitted all the sensors and bits but even then I think you need the digital control head with the led lights.

The rest of the operations are exactly as they describe.

Just looked again at your head unit and it looks like yours may have auto tabs, next time you are out try turning them on, they should keep you level all the time which would be great on a 310.

There is a system from Eltrim which starts with the tabs down and then at a preset speed which is when you get fully on the plane it lifts them to give your preset angle. this is pretty new though so would be surprised if it did more than keep you level

Well, this is the thing Ian. I sent Eltrim the picture of the tab control unit and that was the email they sent back ! I agree with you, I'm sure these won't do auto, but the lady is insisting that they do !

As you say, I'll try them next week out on the salty stuff...

Have found something that indicates eltrim may have had an auto system as early as 1990 which is way before the flashing light head units.

Apparently you start with the tabs down and as the boat comes onto the plane you press the left and right button together this sets them to a neautral position and starts the heel correction.

am very jealous now. :mrgreen:

Apparently you start with the tabs down and as the boat comes onto the plane you press the left and right button together this sets them to a neautral position and starts the heel correction.

Ooooh, if yours are auto Luke, I am gonna go right off you mate!!! :grin:

Have found something that indicates eltrim may have had an auto system as early as 1990 which is way before the flashing light head units.

I'm starting to think they are too now. As mentioned, this was the email from the very friendly, but not so good at English lady in Germany:-

Hi,

unfortunatelly we do nnot have an manual instruciotn for this model with pointers.

I give you follow information, it must be ok:

Function of buttons: manual

button white top: - Both tabs move down, bow moves down.

white bottom: - Both tabs move up, bow moves up.

red left: -- Left tab moves up, right moves down, boat heels to portside.

green right: -- Right tab moves up, left tab moves down, boat heels to starboard.

Automatic ON: press/push both button red +green

Automatic off:: press/push both white button

An additional support for the starting phases is integrated in function HF. Before you start, the tabs should be down, automatic off. Just before the boat goes into gliding position, switch automatic on. Tabs move up, heeling elimination is working at once. Gliding position to be corrected by upper or lower button.

I hope, I help you. If not, contact me please again!

Sorry for my bad english!

AND it does say automatic on the panel..... I am worried however, that if they are not automatic and I start pushing the boat with the trim tabs down and then press both red and white together just before the boat goes into gliding position and its not automatic then the tabs could be ripped off - or have I got this the wrong way round ?

the tabs won't get ripped off Luke all that will happen is the bow will be forced down too much as your speed increases leading to it digging in and doing something called bow steer where it will turn sharply apparently of its own accord but that will only happen up at the top end of your speed range.

It will be obvious if it is working straight away though as you indicators will sow the tabs lifting if it is working.

clanny has to run full tabs and the legs tucked right in to stay on the plane when we run with Crackerjack at 13-1r knots so nothing bad will happen shy of 20 knots.

And it is the red and green buttons togethor to turn it on.

Will still be very jealous especialy as you have more HP in a lighter boat so I can't even go faster to make me feel better.

clanny has so far recorded 35 knots GPS with a couple of knots push while playing with Voyager from Southwold. What have you seen from relentless?

She can do 39 miles an hour (gps speed) which I think equates to just under 34 knots. This was prior to any servicing etc - quick trip on a bumpy Breydon.

I'm more than happy with that speed to be honest, I'd be bringing a crash helmet out if it went any faster !! lol !!

I've posted up the request for the proper manual on a few sites, so hopefully someone somewhere will have a copy. I'm absolutely sure this was the same system that I had on my F33 (2001/2) so I'm surprised that no-one has responded already....still, maybe someone with it will see my quest !

WE have an auto levelling system on Sea Hunter too.... :naughty:

It involves shifting a not insignificant amount of rum from one locker on the port side to the other on the starboard (heavy list) or just to the "wine cellar" in the middle (slight list) and to keep the bow down, fill the anchor locker with 2litre coke bottles....now you may be thinking "what if jupes would like a tipple on the way?"...no problem...on the flybridge underneath the chart holder is a neatly designed oval locker that perfectly holds 1x rum 2x wine (1 red and 1 white) and 1x 2litre coke.

This is the trim micro adjustment feature, and when used properly, will eek another 0.5 knots out of her at the start of a journey and 0.75 by the end!!!

LB :pirate:naughty: :pirate