Fish at wrc

Last time we were down there we spotted a few rowing boats and small ribs trolling for Pike with lures being dragged from their stern. There was a bit of contoversy at the time on whether this was ethical and allowed in such a place, but we never spotted anyone catch any Pike by this meathod anyway, and we were moored up for quite some time along that stretch of the Waveney :naughty:

Julz :wave

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I know there used to be big Perch in Oulton Broad, but the best thing to do is check out local tackle shops who usually know what is catching well, and in what area. They can also advise you on the best baits and tackle to use. I can`t see why there should be any moral issues about fishing in that area, but maybe Julz knows something i don`t. I did hear some years back that you can catch Mullet some way up the Southern rivers, but again, local tackle shops should know more. The other thing is if you`re fishing for Mullet which i believe is a Sea fish, do you need a rod lisence, or whether the close season applies. Regards .....................Neil.

Hi Trev

A great place for fish is Haven Marina in Lake Lothing. Sea bream, bass and also prawns nesting on the marina walls. Very good marina too with good showers etc and, the restaurant is now taken over by the Red Herring lot says Lucky, so could be a nice weekend.

If you want more details of where the fish are PM me!!