weed filter

Hi

Here's another little worry:

I took the strainers out of the weedfilters and noticed that as the bowls are higher than the waterline when I opened the cap and let air in the water level dropped - as it would. before I start the engines do I need to prime the bowl (and put the cap back on quickly) or will the impellor self prime - and be o.k whilst doing so?

Thanks in advance

Wayne

If you like, you can turn off the seacocks and refill, then speed won't matter, then screw the tops on and open the cocks. Frankly I wouldn't bother as there will be enough water to self prime.

Our filters are similar Wayne. Some members swear by priming, but I have never done so after checking the filters and they seem to self prime just fine, even after she was out of the water for a few weeks (and I did intend to prime, just forgot :oops: )

My theory is that if the boat has been sat for a week between uses, the chances are a lot of the water has drained away anyway as it's not a closed system, and I certainly wouldn't expect to have to prime every time I used the boat.