When Half A Tree Descends.

Herts

Well I’d finished my book and was twiddling my thumbs after being stuck downriver from Beccles due to the wind and high water (I hate mooring single handed, let alone in high winds).  I was getting quite concerned having moored under very large willow trees in such strong gusts of wind.  However, having had multiple back operations there was no way I was going to attempt mooring again and end up being carried along in the water holding on for dear life as the wind blew myself, dog and boat away.  I became very concerned when something heavy fell onto the boat.  It turned out to be a large willow branch.  Well, waste not want not..........

38516809-8E41-4915-9871-DD13469FCBAF.jpeg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Herts said:

Well I’d finished my book and was twiddling my thumbs after being stuck downriver from Beccles due to the wind and high water (I hate mooring single handed, let alone in high winds).  I was getting quite concerned having moored under very large willow trees in such strong gusts of wind.  However, having had multiple back operations there was no way I was going to attempt mooring again and end up being carried along in the water holding on for dear life as the wind blew myself, dog and boat away.  I became very concerned when something heavy fell onto the boat.  It turned out to be a large willow branch.  Well, waste not want not..........

38516809-8E41-4915-9871-DD13469FCBAF.jpeg

Bigger than any of the tiddlers i hooked a few weeks back :default_laugh:

• Like 1