Another CMD 1.7 Question

A shot in the dark here, but just in case there is a helpful marine engineer that has worked on these engines.

Q - What are the size including the type of thread are the blanks at the supply / return points on this engine which you remove to fit hose tails points to connect the Calorifier.

cheers

Don,t know but can,t yo remove them and take them to a chandlers/hydralic fittings supplier and match them up,i don,t know where your based so pointless saying more, asap beccles or pearsons brundle ,and the big shop in wroxham(can,t remember name) should be able to help :wave

It is said that to be effective, an electric pump is needed in a calorifier circuit on these motors as the normal pressure is a bit on the low side to cope. It may only apply to the earlier motors though so worth a bit of research.

Thanks Guys,

Removing the blanks was the obvious one for me, but this is going to mean two visits to the boat and then not being able to take the boat out until i have the new fittings and have filled it back up with fluids.

Or, i can bite the bullet and buy the Quicksilver hose tails at the Quicksilver price. :cry:

Regarding the flow, i wasn't aware of that. Thats gonna have to be a suck it and see job.

However, there are two ways of connecting the hoses.

The Manual says there is a Standard and an Alternative connection method

This might be something to do with the effectiveness of it.

Anyway, thanks for your input