Outlook And Hotmail Users Beware!

Popeye

Take care anybody with the above e mail accounts. I have just had trouble with my outlook account and e mails were being sent through it all over the World purporting to be from Microsoft Edge and telling people that money would be credited to their accounts.

Check your e mail outboxes in the first instance. Microsoft are taking steps to squash this outbreak of problems so you should be receiving a communication from Microsoft soon to let you protect your accounts.

41 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Unfortunately there is already an email out from "Microsoft" which is nothing of the sort.. if you follow the instructions your account will  be locked out and your emails hacked

I did not get that particular e mail from "Microsoft". Well, I have just sorted out my Outlook account and set a new password, there appears to be no problem now and all the "sent" e mails have stopped and been deleted. I am monitoring the account to make sure its working ok and will scrap it and set a new account with somebody else if I have any more trouble.

There are also other scams on another e mail provider I use, purporting to come from Microsoft, asking me if that e mail address was correct for a "password recovery" address for another e mail address which I do not have. There was a box to click but I smelt a rat and deleted the e mails and deleted the account and set up a new account. It was only a throw away account anyway so no problem.

Also, there is an update on my virus scan that came through and an update on the actual computer gubbins.

Everything is working ok here. 

Take care everybody.