What Engine Is This Please ?

Hi folks,

Just bought Broad Smile and had her transported to Gloucestershire to run up the River Avon and Severn. Can anyone tell me the /model of the engine please (I know its a Lister Petter)?

She runs lovely but quite hot compared to my old V8 at 90°C or thereabouts. Also the oil pressure is a lot lower, at idle when fully hot 15psi. At cold its about 30psi. How does this compare to the specs ? She has just been to Boulters to have a full service. 

Anything else I should be looking out for on the engine apart from the usual?

Thanks

Stu

IMG_20220806_161711_HDR.jpg

A 4 cylinder Lister, marinised by Petter Marine, with a fairly new looking PRM gearbox.  A fairly old design but if it has had regular oil changes, it should be very reliable.

Be careful to check that the engine is exactly aligned, as you only have a short prop shaft with no flexible flange coupling.  Misalignment could even be why the gearbox was renewed.  The engine appears to be on flexible mounting feet from what I can see, in which case there also ought to be a flexible shaft coupling fitted.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

A 4 cylinder Lister, marinised by Petter Marine, with a fairly new looking PRM gearbox.  A fairly old design but if it has had regular oil changes, it should be very reliable.

Be careful to check that the engine is exactly aligned, as you only have a short prop shaft with no flexible flange coupling.  Misalignment could even be why the gearbox was renewed.  The engine appears to be on flexible mounting feet from what I can see, in which case there also ought to be a flexible shaft coupling fitted.

Many thanks for the info